Swapping turbos

Tbaileyjr

current turbo is ball bearing turbonetic 61-62 and I have 60lbs injectors with a turbotweak alky chip
Now I purchased a 70-68 ball bearing turbo my question is will the 60# injectors work or should I buy a new chip and 80# combo??

I like the 80's for room to grow on petrol. Not sure how far you can push 60's though but I am curious to know also.

Well I'm also installing a front mount intercooler as well but I'm currently on 1 nozzle but I could purchase another

Grumpy cracked the 9's with alky. 60's and a 6776. I don't know how close he was cutting it tho. At the very least...your current chip likely doesn't have enuf fuel in it to support the larger turbo. I'd go with 80's and a new chip...and be sure to tell Eric what your goal(s) are.

Last edited:
The first option to try is to run higher fuel pressure. The amount you will be able to run will depend on your fuel system's ability to move a lot of volume.

Grumpy cracked the 9's with alky. 60's and a 6776. I don't know how close he was cutting it tho
right at over 138mph at almost 3700lbs,1 intank pump and 2 nozzles and 60's can go far especially with voltage,may not be closer than you think.if my memory is right I think the turbo was a 67gtq .63 ex housing.

60's aren't 60's and will easily support 9 sec power in a 3600lb car with alky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk