Swaping Motors!

Buick8688

I own a N/A regal with an olds 307 with only 148hp. Shes slow, real slow so I'm getting a Chevy 350 to get a little more power. Just wondering if any body has info on what this will take to get the job done?

The motor was free and I will be rebuilding it. It's been sitting for about 20 years or so.

Is the trans a bop bell housing? If so you will need to change the trans. Exhaust manifolds will be different. Other than that it should drop right in.

the trans should be universal mount. If you got smog heads, get some 441s, tpi, or vortec heads and intake. Just as well rod it up if you are going to do it. You may still be able to keep the feedback carb also. You need to change the frame mounts also

Frame engine mount pads will be different. You will need to get a set of Chevy mounts and figure out where to bolt them once the Olds mounts are removed.

don't forget accessory brackets. May need a different y pipe also. Too bad you can't find a 403 olds, it bolts right up

don't forget accessory brackets. May need a different y pipe also. Too bad you can't find a 403 olds, it bolts right up

I have one sitting needing a rebuild :biggrin:
I have been trying to locate a really nice G-body (Cutlass) with a 307 in it to swap :cool: My buddy swapped on in his Regal and it was a really cool swap

if the motor is old school 350 frame mounts only use 3 of the 4 holes with the top hole on each mount foward towards the radiator.