SW Buick Meet...any thoughts?

BigReade

Buick City Boy
I've been giving some thought for quite some time about doing a weekend meet/show/race here in Tucson, and think that it would be cool to base it around the Turbo Buick world. I know there are a couple major events that happen back east every year, but what about a winter meet here, where the weather is still generally beautiful, when compared to other parts of the country? We have SIR drag strip, and literally a couple miles down the road, we have Hot Rods Diner, which is a huge facility and tons of parking for a place to have a show, and grab some food and drinks.

Question is, do you think people would come? The folks at SIR are easy to deal with, and I bet we could have our own lanes during a test and tune night, and then a car show get together the next day at Hot Rods. I would definitely be down to do the leg work on this, since I'm right here and have some connects at both places, I just hope that this would appeal enough to draw people from neighboring states, as I'd hate to do all this and end up with only 10 cars, lol.

So I would like some feedback from you guys, what would it take to make this something enticing enough to draw the TB crowd from all over the southwest?

I'd make the trip if it was around end of July first of August...

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

It's too hot then. Have it sometime November - March, I know the Phoenix guys would come down.

Ralph would probably be able to rally some more troops from California, too.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

It's too hot then. Have it sometime November - March, I know the Phoenix guys would come down.

Ralph would probably be able to rally some more troops from California, too.

yeah, I'd definitely like to shoot for the cooler weather.