SVO vs GN

Feel free to correct me if I"m wrong but I remember the SVO's as being low 15 to high 14 second cars, where as the GN's were mid to low 14's.

I just happened to own one of those back then and comparing to a bone stock gn no way in hell it even comes close to the GN...they were nice gas savers but thats was about it even with full ford motorsport gear ....

Alan

The Turbo t I had for years ran 13.8 bone stock on a 48 degree day here at Englishtown. Even the original rubber was used. 13.8-14.5 or so was the norm depending on driver (60 ft) and temperature. GN was the fastest....it wasn't close.

grocerygetter said:
I know Goodyear ran an ad in 86 saying the SVO was the fastest American production car....

They would be confused. The '85 GT was quicker/faster than the '86 SVO.

I bought a GT new in '86 and it was quicker than the '86 SVO (the SVO may have had a higher top speed).

Both will have their clocks cleaned in a straight line by a T/R right up to the 124 mph cutoff.

i had an 84 gunmetal grey SVO in 87 and i got mopped by GNs from a start but on a roll i could just about keep up. but going around corners was a whole different story, it handled really good.