suspension upgrades?

That`s a pretty common problem. Just use our greasable steel bushed arms and you`ll have 0 worries about the heat. Despite rumors you may have heard to the contrary about steel bushings they hold up very well on the street and actually ride better than many rubber or poly bushed arms. Often it`s more the design and tolerances of the bushings rather than the material that makes all the difference. Marcus

I`ve checked my mail (scnc@fast.net) and I don`t see anything from you. Could you please resend it? Thanks! Marcus

great suspension upgrade - little tire rub

Just finished the suspension upgrade, what a difference.

used the pitstop upper control arm, tall upper and lower ball joints, new moog idler, centerlink and tie rods, with Edelbrock UCA in the rear. Use the ZQ08 bump stops too, nice touch.

Marcus was particularly helpfull to me in this upgrade. Thanks -

I find myself going 10-15 mph faster on my local twisty roads without trying or thinking about it. There is less lean and the car is much more responsive.

The car did get a bit lower in the front. I'm using 235/60/15 tires on stock rims. Which is causing the tires to occassionally bottom out occasionally especially on the passengers side or rub a bit on some turns, mostly on the drivers side.

The front springs may be a bit old although not original. Maybe I need to upgrade the front springs.

Any reccomendations for this setup?

Should I use other front tires instead ?

What has worked for you.

What are you running for shocks? There should be a good amount of clearance with 235s and stock wheels. There are guys running 275-40-17s up front with that package (but it`s tight :) ). Moog 5658 seem to be pretty popular on GNs but depending on how worn your stock springs are they may lower your ride height a little more (or not). If they`re a little too low you can use a spring isolator up top to give you a little more ride height and/or clock the spring in the helical lower pocket up to half a turn then install a bolt through the pocket as a stop for the end of the spring. Of course there are all of the aftermarket springs too. Marcus

Re: great suspension upgrade - little tire rub

Originally posted by jl86gn
Just finished the suspension upgrade, what a difference.

used the pitstop upper control arm, tall upper and lower ball joints, new moog idler, centerlink and tie rods, with Edelbrock UCA in the rear. Use the ZQ08 bump stops too, nice touch.

The front springs may be a bit old although not original. Maybe I need to upgrade the front springs.

Any reccomendations for this setup?

Should I use other front tires instead ?

What has worked for you.

I have LE1 front springs with a loop cut off, with Bilsteins up front. 16x8 rims with KDWs. Stock front bar, stock spindles but with the 02 F Body rotors. I spent some time shiming the front sway bar bushings so that they didn't pinch the sway bar. The sway bar, rotates freely now. Then poly bushings on the links. Oh, and GW upper front arms. Then just trimmed the stock bump stops.

Rear is QA-1 coil overs, I got tired of not being able to do things right. No one had the right length springs I wanted, and trimming them left them not fitting the upper spring perches correctly. The GW lower arms, and HrP rear sway bar.

The ride is pretty firm now, but, it handles really well, and is comfortable at *speed*....

Oh, 1/2d chamber, 3.5d caster, and a 1/16" toe in.