Suspension setup for street/drag ideas

BBrandon87

looking for a good street/drag setup for launches and relaxed driving on the street thats comfortable but can handle the power when leaning in on her. Also something that can help the car handle a bit better any advice or ideas ?

bunch of engine work ( 550 wrhp ) trans works, stock suspension. 87 buick GN, stock gears, upgraded front breaks from jimmy,

Two best G Body suspension companies in my opinion are HR Parts N Stuff and TRZ. The latter more suited to straight track applications. That's where I'd start. My $.02.

Two best G Body suspension companies in my opinion are HR Parts N Stuff and TRZ. The latter more suited to straight track applications. That's where I'd start. My $.02.
Both those lean more towards Drag racing along with Metco cause they mainly offer sway bars and rear control arms but they all are Fantastic companies with fantastic products, we on the other hand lean towards "Handling" suspensions using DSE & Ridetech which is seen on the majority of Pro-touring cars competing now a days... We have customers with Ridetech suspensions cutting very respectable 1.50 60' times and still doing very well in the handling department!

Both those lean more towards Drag racing along with Metco cause they mainly offer sway bars and rear control arms but they all are Fantastic companies with fantastic products, we on the other hand lean towards "Handling" suspensions using DSE & Ridetech which is seen on the majority of Pro-touring cars competing now a days... We have customers with Ridetech suspensions cutting very respectable 1.50 60' times and still doing very well in the handling department!

Agree with this comment and correction - they are the two best drag racing G body suspension companies.

looking for a good street/drag setup for launches and relaxed driving on the street thats comfortable but can handle the power when leaning in on her. Also something that can help the car handle a bit better any advice or ideas ?

I'm using ridetech in the front and HR in the rear. I also did some frame work to it. Want the car to hook as well as possible at the track yet still have some decent (hopefully nice) street manners. Though, haven't tried it out yet.

Also, I should've said this in my first post. I would talk to Scott from GNS and Paul from HR Parts & stuff. Both are great guys with a lot of knowledge and they aren't just trying to sell you something..... Scott has a ton of experience with these cars and the different types of suspensions for them. Especially the auto-cross/pro-touring and he knows the 1/4 mile hook-up suspension work, too. And the same go with Paul from HR Parts. That's how I made my decision. Actually it was Nick Micale that suggested I talk to Scott and Paul. ttypewhite who has a real nice/fast car. He used TRZ. Use the search and look up some threads on what he did to his car.