Suspension build up for 10 sec car?!?!

V8KILLR

2speed 1day fast & faster
Ok, time to work on the suspension!!! I will be hopefully running 11 ftat and then mid 10s after the rebuild and I’m sure that the engine will take turning it all the way up. So far I have just the passenger side air bag, some after market rear springs (not sure which ones) and Bilstein shock all around. What do I need to do to start building up the suspension? I want for now to continue to drive it on the street, but am willing to make it less streetable. I was thinking for a start, boxed lower and adjustable upper control arms, but what else?

Thanks,
Jason

boxing the lca's is ok, but look into getting some hrpartsnstuff lca's and adjustable uppers to set the correct pinion angle. get another air bag for the other side of the car, and grab a big ass rear sway bar. then, disconnect your front sway bar. If you want to go further after this, you have to ditch the billstiens in favor of adjustables in the rear, and 90/10 drag shocks for the front. and slicks are a must have.

Thanks for the help so far, but keep it coming!!! I'd like my 60' to be as low as they can with the power I'm putting out.

Hrpartsnstuff is the best out there?

Thanks again,
Jason

Got a 1.6x 60' on an 11.7x run with a totally worn out original rear suspension except for shocks (KYB's) that were replaced about six years prior, and springs (stock replacements) about the same age.

I used just enough air in the bags to keep the 275 50 15 DR's from hitting the wheel opening moldings - I think 3# is the lowest amount just to keep them in place.

Makes me wonder just how much improvement there is for the fancy box style rear arms - but then you said mid 10's, that is quite a bit more action, but then again the mid 10's cars I've seen are only cutting 60' times in the 1.5 range - not that much different from my times.

The car is going to have to be making the power and launch at high enough boost to pull a 1.4xxx. My car launching at about 16 psi netted a 1.44 60 ft at Bristol. This track hooks like heck which is not the case in most other places.

A high quality set of control arms , sway bar and properly sized slicks are a must.

Very true, but it is sure as hell fun to have a violent launch. Get all the G force you can off the line, feel your head roll back and your stomach drop. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jason

Where did that guy's post go :confused: :confused: :confused: He was talking about how a hard launch was bad on the car:confused: :confused: :confused:

Jason

v8killr, i didn't see anything about a bar or cage in your sig. might want to think about this even if you're not planning on going any faster.

Oh yes, the cage is going in soon. I'm hoping the end of the summer. That is another reason why I'm not turning the boost all the way up.

Originally posted by V8KILLR
Where did that guy's post go :confused: :confused: :confused: He was talking about how a hard launch was bad on the car:confused: :confused: :confused:

Jason

You feelin' OK?

How many fingers am I holdin' up?

Kidding of course
I saw it too! Don't know why it is gone. What was said has some truth to it except that even with the extra power to push it down the track part - I know that extra power would fid its way into my launch making it even more stressful that before :eek:

Damn man, I was just looking at you sig, that enough cam for ya. Thing must lope like a mo fo-er.

I use boxed upper and lower control arms, poly bushings, set the pinion angle at -3*, both side air bags, new springs, and ATR sway bar on the rear....no front sway bar, 90/10 drag shocks, new springs & bushings in the front

I have 30 spline Moser axles, no c-clips (F*ord bolt in) and Eaton posi.......TA cover, axle tubes welded and gusseted

typical 60' time is low 1.5x but a few 1.4x launches (depending on power....)

28X9 slicks, transbrake launches at 15+ lbs

Originally posted by V8KILLR
Damn man, I was just looking at you sig, that enough cam for ya. Thing must lope like a mo fo-er.

It is not that bad. When my last cam wiped a lobe I decided to try something considered way big for our cars - seems to work just fine.

I just did a "damn man, I was just looking at..." myself.
Just noticed your location - just a few minutes from me.

I second the wolfe bar. It helps the car launch straight and takes alot of the twist out of the launch.

the ATR bar is just as effective as the Wolf down to mid 1.4 60' launches...beyond that, get the Wolf double and hang on.......