Survey

SPECTRA PREMIUM

I am looking for some feedback. I have a Holding the Boost problem at the Line. So last year I installed a TH400 with a Brake. Worked fine, but was inhappy because of the loss of the 4th Gear. I am considering doing my TH200-4R with the PTS Stuff, VB w/Brake, Drum etc...This will be costly. But Will it break!!! Car weighs 3,700 lbs with me in it. And I am running 10's on the Foot Brake, launching at 10 lbs of boost. Stock Block & Heads trying to go 9's..

Any ideas!!!

Thanks,

Joe

Here is Bruce's take

I do not like to "promote" my products. I prefer our product's performance, to speak for themselves. Ask the people directly who are using them. Ask Eric Shertz from Dynotech. Ask Cal Hartline from Hartline Performance. Ask Lonnie Diers from Extreme Automatics. These are the expert's opinions you would like to hear from.
Ask the experts who are using and abusing them. The creditability from them is so much more than me just telling you.
I will tell you that everyone I know running them loves them but
everyone has a story to tell.
If you would like particulars on the product/products feel free to call shop and once you get Mark, request to talk with me and I will answer ALL of your questions and make SURE you know what you are getting and the quality thereof. :)

I hope you understand my position........

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME
WWW.PTSXTREME.COM

I'll tell you a couple of examples on how strong the tranny is, one of which I should never put in writting.

First I have run one of Bruce's Extreme trannies with a 9X11 for a couple years now. No problems whatsoever. I now push over 700 on the motor and about 900 on nitrous. Performs the same today as it did the day I installed. I don't do diddly to the tranny except always watch my temp gauge, keep the fluid under 190, which is only an issue on test and tune days at the drag when you make multple back to back runs on very hot days, and changed the fluid once with fresh Dex.

My only snafu, that should have taken out the tranny, was when I did some rejetting on my nitrous. To do this I need to remove the throttle body, as my spray bars are drilled into the intake. Well I forgot to hook up the TV cable when I put everything together. Went out on the back roads and never noticed any major difference in how it shifted and proceeded to blow through about 5 lbs of nitrous while in overdrive and jetted at about 150ish or so of added HP. See, having 150ish hit of nitrous on top of, at the time about 650+ HP kind of focuses your thoughts on what is in front of you not what the tranny is doing. Nonetheless, when I got back to the shop and raised the hood to look at some things I saw the TV cable hanging there. Thought well that sucks, hooked it up and things have been good to go ever since.

One tough mother tranny I'd say, and that 9X11 tranny.....lets just say when that flashes it makes my car ROCK.

One other story from this weekend. I'm going to setup a fuel injection system for a guy building a 420 small block. He was going to go with a 5 or 6 speed manual. I took him for a ride in my car so he could see how the fuel injection works and watch the computer dash displays. What impressed him as much (and I think even more) as the fuel injection was the tranny. How it shifted, how it hit when the converter came up (we did a few drifts and doughnuts) and how it cruised at 100+. In the budget for his motor is now a PTS transmission. He just could not believe how well an auto could perform.