Surprising dyno results on a stock GN!

" At the dyno, the owner wanted a baseline of his stock chip and computer, as well as the optimum HP in the best configuration.

With a stock computer and a chip from one of the most renowned TR sources, we were pleasantly surprised when it pulled 378 HP. "

You lost me here, so what chip pulled 378 HP on race gas? o_O
A chip not Eric burned for 42's did the 378, SD chip did the 414. The other big difference was the HP curve remained rock solid during the 3rd gear runout with the SD chip while the normal chip was losing HP the longer the pull went

Thanks, I kinda figured it wasn't the stock chip.

I did see a bone stock car do a 276 RWHP on a dyno. back in 1996 or so, forget the exact year.

That was on sunoco 94, all stock.

It would be interesting to see a chip programmed with as close parameters as possible to the SD chip on the dyno. for a real comparison. ;)

Nick, very interesting post, and I'm not a bit surprised at the results. You're discovering what a bunch of us that run the SD2/Powerlogger combo have discovered!!,

I keep having all sorts of fun playing around with new features that will be coming out for everbody very soon!

I'm going to do a little experimenting on my own when I get back home off of Christmas vacation. Some folks on here know I'm still running the 7 disk vigilante converter that I used to race with. Great unbreakable converter for full boogy lockups, etc. But for street use in kinda sucks, very harsh lockups.....
but the most annoying feature of these converters is that when cold, and shifting from park to any gear, it kills the engine (to many clutch packs, even unlocked).

But brainstorming with my Son-In-Law (who also has one in his LC2 Mazda), I'm going to try something when I get back home from Christmas vacation that may just cure this particular dilemma that we (vigilante owners) all suffer from. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my plan works. If it works, anybody with a speed density system should benefit.