Supraforums: Repost...Supra beats GN with Slicks on Street?

Wow pretty heated. I agree with Blackshoebox in that there is no way that dude beat a 9 sec GN. Probably high tens low 11's
I think I would have explained it a little differently, though:D

ROFL

that is by far the biggest BS story I have heard so far from that forum...they need to keep trying!

btw I added some backup over there...maybe these guys will stfu:rolleyes:

I jumped in too (Black87). Maybe if enough of us bombard them they will quit making up these bullsh!t stories. They can lie about any car they want EXCEPT GN's

Idiot Supra owners!!!

I just gave those morons the "Reality check"!!!:D

Just chill and leave those people to themselves. It does make us look bad when 25 TR owners register and flame in one thread about our cars. You should know by now that it is impossible to win an arguement on a supra forum. Besides, we:

"Go fast with class"

and should

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"

I'm still in shock that I wasted the last 30 min of my life reading that entire meaningless thread. :rolleyes:

Very amusing...

Those guys over there are in Supra Fairy Tale Land. I really could not resist but to flame the hell out of that clown. The funny part is, since i flamed the hell out the guy, and called him out, the arguement went from:

1. Me not owning a car at all...:rolleyes: to:
2. Me not knowing anything about fuel management systems..
3. Then my spelling and grammer wasn't perfect, so I'm a scumbag for that..:rolleyes: ;)
4. Then, this is a good one, Buick technology(i.e. DFI or felpro for fuel management) is obsolete along with the design of the motor since buick designed a turbo for the motor and the supra motor was built for a turbo :rolleyes:
5. More i'm a scumbag(more like the truth hurts, and hurts real bad when a prick like myself continues to tell you the truth)

And it goes on...and then some of you stepped in, which is cool, although its a lost cause over there, chances are half the people that posted on the thread:

A. Don't on a supra..
or
B. Don't have a car at all
or
C. Don't know jack **** about GN's or anything else besides a Supra for that matter, which explains there pure ignorance to how out matched and out classed they really are.:D

Anyway, thanks for the back up over there, Im officially never saying another word over there, unless someone takes me up on my open challenge that was in my last post, but i doubt that will happen.

Shoebox

Actually, most of us were saying he was lucky if the story was true. The thread got out of hand when you started insulting the Supra, not the specific driver and his car. I dont know too many carsites that would sit idly by and let that happen.

r u kidding me? it took me an hour to read the whole thing (read slow) and i thought it was very intertaining. I would NEVER bet 2000 if i knew the other car i was going to race looked faster then me (roll cage, slicks) screw that.

I have the solution:

Supra vs. Regal match race at Commerce, GA. Run whatcha brung and hope ya brung enough. The featured race of the night: Shoebox vs. T78Supra. Put up or shut the hell up.

Re: I have the solution:

Originally posted by lyonsd
Supra vs. Regal match race at Commerce, GA. Run whatcha brung and hope ya brung enough. The featured race of the night: Shoebox vs. T78Supra. Put up or shut the hell up.

Considering the supra is a full fledged single turbo build up, i think i would leave my street car at home , and bring the newest addition to my families collection, lets just say this buick is not a street car.:D

Or i could bring the street car, and then bring the race car too, just incase, i need a little extra whoop ass.:D

Shoebox

sigh...that dude is getting on my nerves...yeah he really saw 10 nine second GNs at the same time....what an idiot...

Not that I wish to take sides, but guys, read what the guy wrote....3 different GN's that were supposed to be 9-second capable, making 3 or 4 runs each.

Originally posted by Bob Cosby
Not that I wish to take sides, but guys, read what the guy wrote....3 different GN's that were supposed to be 9-second capable, making 3 or 4 runs each.

I notice that..he corrected himself after i had already posted on here..

Shoebox

Just shoot me I was bored but I actually copied that whole thread on supraforums into a word doc. to try to read it. :eek:

After spell check and weeding thru and deleting some of the mindless chatter I got it down to 25 pages. Reading it gave me a head ache.

Hey Raven - time for part II of that new story.

Bob Cosby - I've check out your web page real nice cars.

For that story to be true, It was probably a 9 second GN with the previous owner and was only in street trim (low boost and 94 octane) with slicks that were useless since he left with no boost. I could see that GN running 11.0 in that condition. I Really don't think that if your brother built and owns a 9sec GN that you really wouldn't know what is involved in launching one, therefore I am geussing it was recently purchased as a "9 second GN" and was simply out of tune with a bad driver.

That is the most plausible explanation I can give since I don't know any of the parties involved.