Supercharged truck tests his skills

Chad Oliver

Went to Firebird raceway last night. It had been raining off and on so the temps were down in the 80's, I haven't driven the car with it's current combo in anything below 100. I took freeways the whole way to and fro.

On the way there a gold early 90's T/A wants to play, I pulled him and his girlfriend pretty good and so he decided to hang back. He didn't seem to have much driving skills.

I arrive at the track and the event has been cancelled. I turn around in the parking lot and try to bait a new mazda or toyota stationwagon with 14 on the side window. He apparently knows better and avoids me and my tauntings. So I'm back on my way home and a newer shortbed chevy truck wants to get some, I see a couple ultralight gauges and the 5" tach and a big @ss smile on his face. We go from a 65mph roll twice, I just start walking away both times, 2nd time I made sure he got on it first, I heard a supercharger kick in but it still wasn't enough. He was the only real competition all night. I never get this much action so I'm very happy even though the track was closed and I still don't have a time slip for this setup.

To end the night, I'm almost home and see headlights of what looks like an impala ss on my @ss, guess he wants some too! By now I'm on surface streets and coming up on a stretch of road with no side streets for a 1/2 mile so I get on it hard, to give the impala a little show, I put about 4-5 cars on him and start getting on the brakes hard at about 80mph. The street I live on is right there so as I'm turning I notice the car is now next to me, it was a cop in a crown vic. I can't believe he didn't bust me. I never can get anyone to run me in the Buick, must have been something in the air last night.

confuesd about one thing, are you saying the car you thought was in impalla was really a cop? or did the cop just get there without you noticing?

I miss havign nights like that, i haven't seen hardly any other cars worth my time here recently. normally i'll see a few cars going the other direction down a road and occasioally see a few every now and then worth getting into it with, but here recently theres been nothing, mine as well be streets full of minivans. i guess it keeps me out of trouble :eek:

My rear window was really dirty on the inside and it was night. My initial thought was impala ss when I pulled away a bit, I thought early 90's lincoln towncar, when he got next to me and past me as I was turning I could see very clearly it was a marked car :eek: , my side windows were down.

Originally posted by Chad Oliver
as I was turning I could see very clearly it was a marked car :eek: .
I had the same thing happen many years ago. Gettin' on the highway one night and a car is riding my a$$. I decide to "create a bit of room" between us...(in the intrest of driving safety, of course! ;) )and hammer it going up the on-ramp! The guy following me does the same.
We get to the top, each sorta pick a lane and climb steadilly into triple didgets. I was rather curious as to who was following me and glanced in the mirror.......and as we passed under a streetlight, I noticed the light rack and markingsdowntheside of the marked patrol car!!!. :eek:
I slow up...he gets along side of me and gives me a dirty look....I give him a sheepish grin....and he takes off!

I think sometimes that God is too busy laughing at you being a dumba$$ that he forgets to punish you! LMAO!!!