Superbird on ebay

Theres a guy up here in Maine that has a yellow Superbird with a 440 with under 20k miles.It haven't seen it on the road in about 10 years.The guy that owns it also owns a convenience store and there's a picture of the car in his store.

Originally posted by dhauser
And you'll surely see that car again at Barrett Jackson, and it will cost another 25-40k more than whatever it goes for today.....:rolleyes:

Um, I think the this last auction the superbirds were going for less then what this car is going for.

The muscle car market is big for now but in a few years it will level off then I think there will be a decline.

Originally posted by Grumpy
a hemi cuda convert sold for $1.2 a few months ago... RARE cars are goin crazy!!!!:D

Dan, if you look closely..now you're old..so you may not recall...BUT the houses in the background of this bird...YEP. Same guy that was trying to sell that non matching convert. cude for over a mill..the guy that was a a super jerk..remember??

Joe

Originally posted by Grumpy
Ill bet it goes for more, BUT I HATE private auctions!!!!! hot-6 its time to sell your house an also make the big $$$$ :cool: then go buy this car!!! dont know how many it could sleep:p

Grump........I don't think so. Car can sleep 2, but plastic seats and no ac will make it really uncomfortable in the summer!!;)

Sleeping 2 would be tough because those crappy mopar seats don't recline.

The "six way seat" option is the only thing that's make these cars driveable. Any AMC from the same era rides, drives, handles better and is more comfortable than an equivalent mopar. A GM car rides and drives better than that.

Also, the idea that Superbirds lasted on dealer lots into '71 is really no big deal. Lots of '70 model performance cars sat on dealer lots into '71 and later. Our '70 440-6 cuda sold in April '71 for $3400 ($1000 less than sticker).

Superbirds were just more visible on the lots than the others.

Originally posted by jmidolo
Dan, if you look closely..now you're old..so you may not recall...BUT the houses in the background of this bird...YEP. Same guy that was trying to sell that non matching convert. cude for over a mill..the guy that was a a super jerk..remember??

Joe

yup I do remember.. guy was another "Dan" :p real charmer...BUT he does have some nice rare cars...you cant go by the "house" thing...there was a guy in North Reading by lake "martein" (swamp) that lived in a damm shack...I mean a shack!!!! he had a 289 an a 427 Cobra....the cars at the time were worth 5-6 times his "house" ...and he is now a famous celebrity photo wh*re for the rags ya see at the grocery check out line :D

Boy Plymouth was way ahead of their time with these huge wings:D The ricers must love this car..
One butt ugly car IMO

In the neighborhood I grew up in there was a yellowish greenish (snot) colored one that some little rich kid's daddy bought for him. Ugliest color I have ever seen. The kid was a pothead doof that didn't know anything about cars. It was detroyed in weeks. Duh!