Superbird on ebay

Vendor Defendor

Out the window
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2409012465&category=6387

jeebus... something sad is that a girl in my first hour has one of these cars, and as i understand it the car is completely rusted out, its been sitting for years, they are using it for storage... i heard that some one offered them 55k for it plus a 96 mustang... and you know what theyre answer was? no!!!

i would have sold it in a heart beat, actually i would be restoring it right now...

-neil

Wow. And I saw a Hemi Sbird at the track last time at the track. Dont know if it was numbers matching but it was clean. Ran low 13's.

i saw one of these on the barrett jackson auction. beautiful, but way overpriced. well...actually...i dont know about beautiful. its actually kinda funny looking. i would take a chevelle 454ls6 anyday over that thing, but it would be cool to have an original hemi car. just not for $150 large.

i was talking to a friend that i have that 2 hemi cudas (a 70 and 71, both convertables) and he looked at it and said that that car could go for well over 200,000 since its a 4 speed and a hemi... i guess thats a rare breed...

-neil

These were produced solely to fulfill NASCAR requirements so the race cars could use the wing and aerodynamic front end. They were so ugly that in '71 the dealers still had '70's on the lots, were cutting off the spoilers and slashing the price just to get them off the lot. Now it's worth big bucks...go figure. Guess I should find myself a Merkur XR4Ti...

There's a purple convertible around my neck of the woods...driven frequently..but I dont think it's a "real" Superbird.

I saw one locally to me selling for 55k but I am not sure if it what drivetrain it had.

I saw one run a 14:90 at NED.
A 69 Trans am whipped it arse :D

So Wako that explains why I saw one without the wing.. Wonder if they took off the fronts too?

Originally posted by WakkoSS
There's a purple convertible around my neck of the woods...driven frequently..but I dont think it's a "real" Superbird.

yeah i know that guy, there were no convertable superbirds, although it is a nice clone.. i saw at crabby jacks once a real superbird, it was a bluish color.. i saw it and i called my dad, and i was like DAD THERES A SUPER BIRD HERE!!! he was like wow i will be there in 5 minutes... 4mins and 37.2 seconds later he showed up

-neil

It's so high because it is the most desirable combo.

426 and a 4 speed.

A bubdy of mine traded a late 90's mercedes and a 97 T/A for a 440 single barrel auto super bird, he has only 35K to 40K in the car. He is going to sell it soon and make a feww bucks off it.

There's a local guy around here that has the 'Bird's twin....a Daytona. Car is VERY nice....he just spent a pretty penny and almost 2 years restoring it. Car has a 440/auto combo and is a beautiful red color. It doesn't come out much, but I'll try to get a few pics this weekend at our April Fool's Rod Run. He said the car recently appraised for $96K...considering the shape the car is in, I would tend to believe him.

a hemi cuda convert sold for $1.2 a few months ago... RARE cars are goin crazy!!!!:D

Its sublime green too :cool: :cool:

Too bad the prices are so far out of line... So of those cars would be cool to own.

Actually if you see one driving down the road they are VERY impressive.

The King drove one so they must'ave been good. :cool:

Used to have two in town back in the 70's.

One was a daily for a long time. :)

Never ran into him at a light with my old GS400 though... ;)

$156,000 and reserve NOT YET MET!!!! Must be nice to sit in front of your computer and bid more then I paid for my HOUSE!!! Geez. Not bad for a 70 Plymouth with a big wing and a HE- MI!!! Think i'll buy two!!;)

Ill bet it goes for more, BUT I HATE private auctions!!!!! hot-6 its time to sell your house an also make the big $$$$ :cool: then go buy this car!!! dont know how many it could sleep:p

I wonder with the resrve this high on so many of the classic muscle cars are the owners getting friend to bid in a effort to try and artificaly inflate prices.

welll like I said I dont like "private" auctions :mad: ...lots of rare muscle car's are coming up for sale... when $$$ gets tight, RARE performance car's go up in value... seen it over an over again (old age :cool: )

With that combo[color and moter] I would love to own it,but I definetly cant afford it. My neighbor just bought a 69 Hemi Charger 500.

Keith

And you'll surely see that car again at Barrett Jackson, and it will cost another 25-40k more than whatever it goes for today.....:rolleyes: