Sunroof seal

Dig out the old seal, clean the channel, use 3M weatherstrip adhesive and lay the new seal in there. Done.

Sorry to jump in your post jeromeleti, but I was about to post up the same question after sitting in a soggy seat after the rain here last week... Where can you pick up a decent seal that fits well?

Do you do everything from the top? I may be over-thinking this thing a little because I thought I would have to take off the upholstry to get to the back of the sunroof.

Did you have your roof halfway open when you replaced the seal?

What did you clean it out with?

Sorry to ask all these questions, but thanks for your reply!

I experienced the same thing on Sunday! I had to take water out from the back floorboards!

Ooh, dang! Mine wasn't that bad, but had a pretty soggy seat. I was wearing khaki pants and was on my way home, but of course had to make a stop on the way home... With pants that looked like I p!ssed myself... :rolleyes:

Yes, do everything from the top.

I'm sorry--I meant to quote your last response, but I clicked on the "Quick Reply" button instead.

Did you have the roof cracked halfway open to do your repair?

What did you use to clean off the old material?

Thank you so much!

Ooh, dang! Mine wasn't that bad, but had a pretty soggy seat. I was wearing khaki pants and was on my way home, but of course had to make a stop on the way home... With pants that looked like I p!ssed myself... :rolleyes:

Hope no one saw you!:eek: