SUNOCO is the newest sellout.

joey316g

Too many cars.
Not sure if any of you have been following this story on the news in the northeast, but the CEO of SUNOCO, my current employer, has decided to "exit" the refining business. The CEO aquired the position around 2008 and has slowly picked the company apart to nothing. This was a wonderful company to work for at one point. SHE now feels that refining isnt profitable any more and wants to focus on logistics and retail. Whats this mean? This means that she would rather purchase imported finished products in the NY harbor and eliminate 1500 more jobs in this country along with surrounding community revenue and outside maintenance contractors. This means every time you purchase fuel from a Sunoco station, you will be purchasing some of Indias and Chinas finest petroleum products. Two places where they are allowed to polute at will with no EPA to penalize them. I wonder how all the fans of an All American motorsport like stock car racing will feel now that their "Official Fuel Of Nascar" will be coming from overseas. Unless they come up with a buyer for our Philadelphia and Marcus Hook, PA refineries by July of 2012, they will be evacuated and abondoned in place. I really hope that someone steps up and realizes that there is still a need to refine petroleum products in this country. Not only to save jobs but as a matter of national security as well. I mean imagine if it keeps going this way with US refiners until all petroleum products are imported. Talk about national security. Imagine if we had our fuel supply cut off. Its a scary thought....:mad:

I feel for you but you can partially blame the green nuthuggers and EPA that make it tough for any type of industrial company in US to operate.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

And you can also blame the failure to have nasty repurcussion laws in place which would dictate products made in foreign countries which have no environmental regulation's be heavily taxed out of competition with our domestic products until such time as we can rein in our own extra-legal bureaucratic nonsense!

No worries....Da chimp has made "arrangements" with Argentina, [??] to spend that big a$$ loan he gave them, for oil production. We're gonna be their biggest "customer"..
His other crony, Chavez, will help fill the gap, too.....[If his head doesn't rot off, first.]
As for the job....Sorry to hear of your loss. [I sure as hell wouldn't wait around to see what happens...Get looking NOW]

They close refineries to keep the supply low, which keeps prices high. Shell is known for this. It's all smoke and mirrors to keep the prices high.

shell sells you air!
when you buy gas from shell, it has nitrogen in it, so your paying for air!
if any of you have used Q16, you know you have fatten the fuel mixture as it has oxygen mixed in it,
same difference!

No worries....Da chimp has made "arrangements" with Argentina, [??] to spend that big a$$ loan he gave them, for oil production. We're gonna be their biggest "customer"..
His other crony, Chavez, will help fill the gap, too.....[If his head doesn't rot off, first.]
As for the job....Sorry to hear of your loss. [I sure as hell wouldn't wait around to see what happens...Get looking NOW]

Yes Im not waiting....this may be what I needed to push me into opening my own auto performance center...been contemplating this ever since I left the machine shop I worked in....eh, who knows.