suddenly I have a rough idle in Drive

PDMRACING

Car was at body shop having some minor work for over a month. I drove it home no problems. On my way to a show, ( the weather had been very cold lately) was a nice day, got some gas as it was running low. Drove to the show no problems. The Dreaded brake lite came on as I was leaving and had a hard pedal.
Took the highway home and when I got off I noticed it idling rough like it has a big cam.
I thought it was my imagination because I freaked out with the dead brake pedal.

I swapped the Accumulator on the brakes and all is well with those. On the ride home today, It was rough at startup and take off. Once running at speed it pulls good. oil pressure is good as is boost on my aux guage. In neutral not under load it sounds and revs ok.

I did a cursory check of vacuum lines I could have knocked off when changing the ball.

Its a stock car as far as I know.

Thanks for any assistance.

Aha ! I hope I found the issue the hose to the turbo was torn from the intake. I will keep you all posted

Cracked MAF all around the mounting edge

Attachments

• aa1.JPG
    aa1.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 156
Swapped out the maf with a reman and it ran the same, after idling for 10 minutes it barely runs in drive and stalls. Im lost

put old one back in, gooped the holes up, it runs better than the new maf but the same as before.
back to the drawing board

I was swapping plugs and checking coil packs & wires. on drivers sides first 2 plugs were soaked with gas, last one was tan & dry.
Went to passenger side & noticed a vacume line coming of the wastegate relay on the pass valvcover going to nowhere. Where does this connect to?

Post your city/state and maybe someone local to you has a MAF you can try. I'm in Champaign, IL if that helps.

I wonder if you know don from pdn racing. He have a sick 240sx.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Two plugs soaked with gas sounds like coil or module.

they were side by side . drivers side first 2 plugs. the other 4 were dry and tan.
Is the module separate from the coil or do you purchase them together?
I measured the resistance of the coil was between 11 & 13. is there any way to test the module?

Thanks

they were side by side . drivers side first 2 plugs. the other 4 were dry and tan.
Is the module separate from the coil or do you purchase them together?
I measured the resistance of the coil was between 11 & 13. is there any way to test the module?

Thanks
My local O'Reilly tested mine for me for free.