Sudden bog under boost, engine falls flat on its face.

I've had similar experiences like that a couple times over the past 10-15 years. Always ended up being a bad coil pack.

Me three, only over the last 10 years... Once it was a MAF sensor but it ran like crap all the time then and not just under boost. Check that module and coil pack together. Just changing the coil isn't enough.

Fuel or spark. One is going away.

Where are the logs?

RL
No logger on this car... Didn't plan on keeping the engine setup in it, so I never bothered. Although I lucked out the past 10 years without one I must say. The coil was purchased from caspers last year ( I think) It is a magnavox unit, not a cheapo parts store unit. What I thought was an ignition failure last year ended up being a torn motor mount. The motor torqued over hard enough to pull the wires out of the harness on the t-brake launch. I really doubt it's coil/module related. Unfortunately I don't have anyone to swap out with locally... I'd be happy to ship my coil module and coil pack out to someone to test on there car? But the modules aren't exactly cheap to go replacing on a hunch every year. I have my old module as well, swapping it in did nothing. But I could run it while my unit was shipped out.

Thank all...

Well I think I found it. The new 72mm turbo has a 4" inlet. The old PT68 had a 3" inlet. I used a 3" to 4" 45* coupler to adapt my current 3" piping. So i guess with the added restriction of my K&N filter setup it was collapsing the coupler. I tried to run my 3" piping in a bit farther and removed the K&N filter. I only had time for a brief test (no decent roads in town by my house) and it instantly pegged 30psi and didn't break up. Had a cop follow me back to the shop, so I thought it best to call it a night! Pretty sure that was the problem though. Always the simple things!

Thanks all!

That'll do it. I was going to say air cleaner co-laps or vapor lock.

When it comes to coil/packs ad modules they either work or don't. You may get random wot misses on a weak coils but to loose power like the key is shut off, there is another problem. Diagnostics are everything.

Most here will not agree but the delco coil/packs and modules rarely go bad. 9 out of 10 the components around them are culprits. IE spark plugs, cam and crank sensors. Aftermarkets are a different story. You can have all types of drive ability problems with those.

Let us know for sure if the beast is back. ;)

RL