substance abuse

Vinnie Boombatz

He said "member"
I have a question about alcohol.Other than the obvious stuff like big pump an associated big lines,garden hose size inj's that can tollerate meth, colder plugs and a big ass fuel cell,What am I missing/not comprehending about running a T/R on alcohol/methanol? Any feedback,or pointers,or general info would be appreciated.

All you need to do is buy an alky kit and install it in about 1-2 hours. They work wonders on even a bone stock TR.

I don't mean a smc kit, I'm talkin about running the car on alky/meth.Can it be done w/ stock computer? will the reqd' big squirters cause excessive cylinder washing at low speeds and contaminate oil?

Our fuel systems can't handle the corrosiveness of alky/meth. You would have to redo the entire fuel system, and then figure out how to make it run. Plus setting at idle at a stoplight you would be burning your expensive fuel. Thats whats good about alky injection, you only burn it when your foot is to the floor.

If you're talking about running a TR in alky ALL the time, you'd better get something like a DFI or speedpro and create your own fuel curves. If I remember correctly, you'd need around a 8:1 A/F ratio to run full time on alky(terrible MPG). That's my limited thought, HTH'd you.

Visit my website. I have a journal on a project car that has been running methanol. It is a high maintenance fuel, but I'd never go back to petrol.