sub woofers add on

X

xcessiv

I have a sony 650 xplode unit with 6 x9 in rear powerered by an amp in trunk it is linked to receiver by rca jacks. My question is how do I add a subwoofer to this setup. Also are Memphis speakers any good thinking about replacing the 12 year old Babbs in the rear.

If you want to add subs to what you have, you can run a second pair of pre-amp cables and add them to the front or rear channels of your head unit if it has dual pre-outs to a second amp for the subs. If you only have one set of pre-outs, you can use a set of rca splitters ( Y connectors ) and then run a the second pre-amp cables off of the splitter to amp for the subs. The problem with this is you have no front and rear fade capabilities unless you have dual pre-outs.

Depending on what kind amp you have, some of them have pre-outs that you can use to power other amplifiers.

As far as the Memphis subs, I am not sure how good they sound. The best thing to do is go to a stereo shop and have them demo some for you and you be the judge of how well you like like them.