Stupid Question....help Prove Me Right.

Again T does not equal T Type. Two different packages. All T Type Regals were turbocharged. T Types were seperate models designated by the VIN (5th digit K).

T packages had nothing to do with engines (and they could even come with a 3.8 NA). It was just an simple option package, not a seperate model.

This isn't that compliacted. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by TT/A1233
The great thing about this powerplant is that it produced 140 HP and 255 ft/lbs of torque! :p
Combine that with a 2.56 rear gear and you have a sweet package!

Aside from the flat hood and single tail-pipe, you get the 7.5" ring gear.

Re: Yeah, those damn LeSabre's

On the side note, i went and looked at the '87 Turbo T, and overall i would give it a 6-7 newer paint since '96 but it was a scheme to cover up the rust in the kick panels and 1/4 skins, no fun, drove ok, susp will need to be replaced, brakes feelin a bit on the mushy side, powere train seemed ok, hard shift in second still broke the right tire loose, but some fluids in the engine bay, interior needed some help, (Headliner, Seat cover) the normal stuff, but the kicker is it has 148,000 miles, and the dude wants $5,500 i was like, nooo, BB is at $4,800, so i said how about
$4,000 he was like $4,500 and we'll talk.

So my dilemma, i have no daily driver, this would be it till winter, but a daily driver that will, berfore winter, maybe need something fixed. Any suggestions, let someone else buy it, suck it up and pay $4,500 for it. Lemme know peeps. [/B]

Now that we covered the hell outta T-Types, does anyone have any honest opinions on this matter, i'm stuck.

Walk away. For what this sucker will cost to repair you can find a nicer one. based on what you've described to offer even $4k I would have to be pretty desperate and maybe drunk. Mike McCoy down on Charlotte (NC) has a VERY nice 87 T that could be had for somewhere around $7 (or less) you can reach him through musclecarsalvage.net.

You think its worth it?

Well i appreciate the advice, i didnt think it was a good deal. And this muscle car salvage owner has a nice '87, you he's being fair and not try to make some loot on a car he knows has probs that are undisclaimed. either way i apprecaite the help, i'll wait for your reply.

Thanks

Greg

:( Saddly not a Turbo Regal Owner :(