Stumbles under almost any load, no boost lights on dash

lotzagoodstuff

lotzagoodstuff
Car is totally stock with exception of K&N 8 inch filter and both valve cover breathers replaced. I have a new tuneup (plugs, wires, pcv, fluids) and I just installed the K&N this weekend. Seemed to run ok until this evening. I did notice after removing the factory air cleaner hardware that I no longer had the "turbo power" lights on the dash, but honestly I can't remember if they worked before removing the stock air cleaner.

Car really feels like it's starving for fuel, and I will do a driveability test with fuel pressure gage tomorrow, but at idle its 30ish psi and jumps up when free revving (I know I need to do a dynamic test). Car revs fine in park, I have checked all the hoses and ducting for leaks. Going to try to test fuel pressure while driving, coil pack and maybe MAF sensor tomorrow.

No codes, no popping, just stumbles like somebody is shutting fuel or ignition off as soon as I apply any throttle under load.

Any help is appreciated, sorry I don't have a scan tool and/or more information.

Miles? My fuel tank was full of rust from just old gas sitting in tank over the years. Maybe your fuel pump is failing.

Thanks for the pointers, I thoroughly cleaned the fuel tank and changed the pump when I got the car running, and I have inspected and rapped on the side of the MAF during idle with no change.

I am thinking ignition rather than fuel, but until I verify the fuel pressure while driving, I realize I'm still guessing.

Get a gauge make sure fp is responding to vacuum/boost.

The boost lights run off the map sensor on the passenger fender. Make sure it's plugged in. Check the vacuum line to it. They tend to crack and leak. That could also cause some drive ability issues.