Stumble problem on hard acceleration

mkwsr100

I'm new to the forums but i have a question. My car runs great under normal driving. Under hard accelereation and high rpmsthe engine stumbles, misfires etc. Let off the gas and accelerate easy no problems. What should i be looking for or at? Thanks for the help

You have a scan master or any gauges to give us ides? What's your mods?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

no gauges or scanmaster. the car is completely stock. i store it most of the time i only drive it about 500 to 1000 miles a year. i try and maintain it regularly but i can't seems to find a fix for this. Any information i can get to help?

I had a problem like that a few months ago and it ended up being a plug wire connection. It would be fine until you got on the throttle and then it would stumble because of the engine lift. Double check all of them and listen for click each time as you seat one.

Do yourself a favor and get a new modern chip. Also a new fuel pump would be a good idea

the fuel pump was checked and it has good pressure. Can't remember the lbs. The plugs have only 5000 miles on them, the year is 1986, and not sure what you mean by hot air. I will check the plug wires.
What would you suggest to look at for a computer chip?

If your car is completely stock and you plan on keeping it that way then don't buy a chip. If you want a little more power at your foot a Turbo Tweak chip is about the best option for chips. A "hot air" refers to the 84/85 family of Turbo Regal's which don't have intercoolers from the factory.

If your car is completely stock and you plan on keeping it that way then don't buy a chip. If you want a little more power at your foot a Turbo Tweak chip is about the best option for chips. A "hot air" refers to the 84/85 family of Turbo Regal's which don't have intercoolers from the factory.
A turbo tweak chip is a huge upgrade over the stock chip. It will idle and drive better than ever. The stock chip isn't tuned for today's fuel, that's prolly causing some of the issues

Some people just keep these cars stock and are not interested in going fast so that's why I played both sides of the coin.

the fuel pump was checked and it has good pressure. Can't remember the lbs. The plugs have only 5000 miles on them, the year is 1986, and not sure what you mean by hot air. I will check the plug wires.
What would you suggest to look at for a computer chip?
if it's a basically stock car I too would recommend the Turbo Tweak chip,
probably a number 5.7 would be the best choice.

Did you change the fuel filter? When you checked the fuel pressure was it done while driving it to see if you had the 1 to 1 rise in pressure?

One thing about these cars is this is a common problem and can be lots of different things...Fuel delivery, ignition related, electrical, etc...Start with the basics before throwing a bunch of money at it...Getting a TT chip is a great idea assuming you are sure about the chip that is in there....Just keep the stock chip and it can be put back to stock in minutes...Keep in mind though an adjustable fuel pressure regulator would be needed to set the base fuel pressure per the new chip....Have you checked the gap of your plugs?? The fact it is ok until hard acceleration could mean you are blowing out the spark and need to tighten up the gap....Your new to the forum are you new to Turbo Buick's??? List all the mods in your signature and if your a newbie try to take it easy on your ride cause it can lead to bigger issues....If you don't have a scan tool to see what's going on your shooting in the dark....

You might want to check your mass air flow sensor and there is a sensor called esc sensor its located on the passenger fender. Its an electric spark control module it could be the problem mine did that and I replace it and it solve the problem. Before you commit to this see if one of your buddy with a gn would let you put theirs stuff on your to confirm the problem. I hope this help...

If you insist on keeping the car 100% stock, then wax the hell out of it and PARK IT. Put it in a garage with a fancy floor, a lot of Buick pictures on the wall, bunch of lighting, and some nice lounge chairs around it.

If you want to drive the car and not replace head gaskets, there's a laundry list of preventative maintenance items that HAVE to be taken care of, and a few parts that HAVE to be replaced just do to age. With out taking car of all the necessary stuff 100% first and some monitoring equipment, you WILL come to a fork in the road. The left fork is a head gasket job (if you're lucky), the right fork is selling the car in a basket because you're spent all your money on the car and you're sick of it.

If you insist on keeping the car 100% stock, then wax the hell out of it and PARK IT. Put it in a garage with a fancy floor, a lot of Buick pictures on the wall, bunch of lighting, and some nice lounge chairs around it.

If you want to drive the car and not replace head gaskets, there's a laundry list of preventative maintenance items that HAVE to be taken care of, and a few parts that HAVE to be replaced just do to age. With out taking car of all the necessary stuff 100% first and some monitoring equipment, you WILL come to a fork in the road. The left fork is a head gasket job (if you're lucky), the right fork is selling the car in a basket because you're spent all your money on the car and you're sick of it.
Hey guys I have a similar problem. I have a stumble and popping sound coming from the intake during hard acceleration. I have a tt chip, #60 injectors, 87 ecm, walbro 255 fuel pump, accufab fpr, hot wire kit and a big mouth cold air intake. It's a hot air 85. My mechanic can't figure out what the problem is. He installed the mat sensor from caspers and a snow performance alky kit as well. I need help please. It's been in the shop a month now and we can't figure this out. Any ideas would be great.

So far the shop has ruled out tranny solenoid, fpr, fuel pump, ecm hot wire kit, maf sensor and all relays. Still don't know what the problem is though. Car is stalling when we put it in gear. First it starts choking like the fuel is being cut off then dies. It starts back up but as the car warms up the symptoms get worse. Runs smooth and great in park and neutral. The fuel pump, injectors, fpr, hot wire kit , and tt chip are all new parts. Never had this problem before and were puzzled as to why this is happening. The ecm is used and we determined that was not the problem by installing a known good ecm from an 87 gn. Same thing happened. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks for any and all helps