Stroker Kits

snyderjw1

A buddy of mine is building a stroker for his GN, I am trying to help him put the pieces together...for those with experience with these kits, who has the best "package"? (crank, rods, pistons, balancer and flexplate)..we were looking to build a girdled, billet capped, 109 block with good crank and rods anyway...so we figured we may as well build a stroker while we are at it...

Thanks for any help/direction you can provide!!

I agree with the above. Dan's rotating assemblies fit like no other.

some others available

GN1 perf
fullthrottle speed
cal hartline
jack cotton
Nick Mcale -ArizonaGN
Anderson Perf
Big Wood racing
Extreme automatics
TA performance
Lou Czarnota

could be more, but that 'll get you started

This is going to sound like a broken record, but my vote would be with DLS.

Dan Strezo of DLS engine development has plenty of expierance with building engines and supplying parts that work. He has walked me through every step of our 109 and has taught me alot.

Here is an example the top three qualifiers of the last two TSM event were all using DLS stroker parts. Both cars in the finals at the last two events were using DLS stuff. The reputation sppeks for itself in my opinion.

I pieced mine together with parts from various suppliers. In the end, I don't think it saved me any money or time. I am happy with the results, but if I ever do it again I would call Dan at DLS and purchase his kit.

A bit of info on DLS kit.

Many of us do not like the Chinese made products. The problem with their cranks are flaws in the designs. Eagle, Cat, Manley, Crower, these are all the same. Years ago I was building my 409 and the builder in Calif told me about how he goes to the depot at the docks and the cranks and rods are in piles. These are just raw forgings. You pick from the piles, 1st's, 2nd's and so on. Then you do the final machining. Each company does this too and then puts there name on them.
The DLS crank was designed by Alan Krem in Meadville, Pa. He is a lead designer for Kellogg cranks as well as Lunati, and Childs and Alberts. Anyone who pushes BIG numbers knows those names. Dan had Alan design this crank and even though it is forged in China, I believe it is finish machined in USA. Point being, it is the best crank on the market for us. Alan is a perfectionist, he would not build it anyones way but his. Dan and Al are good friends. Take advantage of this partnership and get this kit. I am this winter.

Just some info. Ask Dan if you like.
Coach

Dan sells BA performance cranks for the Buick V6s, right?

We are talking stroker. I do not know what stock stroke he sells, but the stroker is designed by Al. I have talked to Dan about it. I do not know the name that is actually on it. I assumed it was a DLS crank. Someone who had his kit should chime in. I have to wait til winter.:frown:

Coach

Yes, I'm talking about the 3.625 and the 3.75 wide journal cranks. I think BA was also supplying some rods too.

We are talking stroker. I do not know what stock stroke he sells, but the stroker is designed by Al. I have talked to Dan about it. I do not know the name that is actually on it. I assumed it was a DLS crank. Someone who had his kit should chime in. I have to wait til winter.:frown:

Coach

He has both the 3.625 wide journal kits and the stock 3.400 narrow journal stroke cranks. I have built engines using both setups. In my situations both were top notch, and both were drop in. All the machine work was acceptable to a very high standard. Yes they are difinately Bad Ass cranks.

Another vote here for DLS. Cranks and rods fit great and Dan uses CP for his pistons. His stroker parts require the least amount of 109 block machining.

Some pics from my build.

Attachments

• t.jpg
    t.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,379
  • 100_0745.jpg
    100_0745.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,375
...Thank You All!!

I really appreciate all the responses....looks like we will call Dan/DLS!!! We should hear back this week if our 109 block is sound. Our intent is to build a TSM type car and want to start with a good shortblock.

Dan's kits are properly clearanced and the rod bearings are already narrowed. You absolutely can't go wrong with his kits. I know this from personal experience, I've bought several and they were all dead on!

ps: his price's are very competitive also.

bob aka stgman