Stroker Kit

Sixxshot87

Im replacing my pistons and possibly my whole rotating assembly. If i do the rods and crank in addition to the pistons is there ANY reason not to do a stroker crank on a stock block engine?

I think the only reason not to is budget. If you can swing it, go for it.

Im replacing my pistons and possibly my whole rotating assembly. If i do the rods and crank in addition to the pistons is there ANY reason not to do a stroker crank on a stock block engine?

you have to do it man!!!! i got a stroker and the only difference was $500. the balancer modification $300 and a neutral balanced flywheel $90. and $90 to clearance the block. the stroker crank and the standard stroke crank is the same price. i tell you my car at 15psi is way faster than my stock motor at 27 psi.

...... i tell you my car at 15psi is way faster than my stock motor at 27 psi.

You must have done MUCH more than just a stroker kit for that increase in HP? :confused:

We have seen little difference in HP and torque unless the engine is operating well over 6000 RPM.

On my race car I installed a stock stroke Eagle crank in place of the 3.625" stroke BMS crank so we could do a field test on the crank reliability, and there was hardly any difference in performance.

The car was running high 9's at 20-21 psi and about 6600+ RPM, just about same as with the added displacement of the stroker set up. Went back to a 3.625" and confirmed it made little difference - maybe an additional 1-2 psi to run at 9.90.

We also have done a couple 3.8 109 blocks with a 3.625" stroke, and the results were about the same, the added displacement needs RPM to show noticeable improvement.

When looking to increase engine performance, larger bore is preferred as that will give a larger percentage HP increase vs. more stroke. :)

You must have done MUCH more than just a stroker kit for that increase in HP? :confused:

We have seen little difference in HP and torque unless the engine is operating well over 6000 RPM.

On my race car I installed a stock stroke Eagle crank in place of the 3.625" stroke BMS crank so we could do a field test on the crank reliability, and there was hardly any difference in performance.

The car was running high 9's at 20-21 psi and about 6600+ RPM, just about same as with the added displacement of the stroker set up. Went back to a 3.625" and confirmed it made little difference - maybe an additional 1-2 psi to run at 9.90.

We also have done a couple 3.8 109 blocks with a 3.625" stroke, and the results were about the same, the added displacement needs RPM to show noticeable improvement.

When looking to increase engine performance, larger bore is preferred as that will give a larger percentage HP increase vs. more stroke. :)
well it was bored and a roller cam added. but i think going from 11.50 stock set up to this stroker there will be a noticable increase as to going from a 9 second setup to adding a stroker. just my opinion!!!

I tend to look at the availability of replacement parts when I do things. Not only that but the cost to replace it. Think about that before you spent it on turbo regal stuff.

Stroker

I agree I have Webers stroker,no traction once the turbo spools up.It is well worth the money. :biggrin:

Spend the money on quality machine work, heads, and cam(roller). Power is in the heads and cam..

stroker

You are totally right Julio,i had all the machine work done years ago and only went up in cam and 1.6 rockers and its a total differant motor.Mid range and top end just keeps on pulling.

stroker

I have a weber racing stroker motor, 218-212 roller etc and it feels much faster than when it was just stock stroke and ported heads. It has about 350 miles on it.

I have a weber racing stroker motor, 218-212 roller etc and it feels much faster than when it was just stock stroke and ported heads. It has about 350 miles on it.

i totally agree. alot of other people seem to think not! but for the price difference the cu. in. gain which is around 1.5 hp and 2.5 ft pounds per cu in increase plus super quick spool up. my car just lights up the tires off idle compared to my old car 20 foot out from punching at idle. this stroker feels torquey all the way thru rpm range. At wot it has a louder more distinct throatier sound.

i totally agree. alot of other people seem to think not! but for the price difference the cu. in. gain which is around 1.5 hp and 2.5 ft pounds per cu in increase plus super quick spool up. my car just lights up the tires off idle compared to my old car 20 foot out from punching at idle. this stroker feels torquey all the way thru rpm range. At wot it has a louder more distinct throatier sound.

So how much did you guys gain in the dyno or at the track? 30 hp and 50 ft lbs of torque can be gained with tuning if the combo isn't maxed out.

stroker?

The first stroker motor I built I reused cam,turbo and heads from my stock stroke 109 block.Just changed the short block and gained 50rwhp on a chassis dyno that i have used several times before with this same car... I changed the cam to a custom ground comp and upgraded the turbo from a 67 to a 70 series and made 125 rwhp gain over stock stroke...( pump gas methanol 26psi)

I notice a large improvement in spoolup capability with my new Don Cruz built DLS stroker. Other items that changed were -ported lower intake, GN1 heads with roller rockers, 3" up pipe and 80# injectors. Everything else is the same from the 109 build. 17 psi in 1st gear and 10psi the rest of the run I still went 11.6 @ 112 last night at the track. At 70-75 mph on the highway locked in 4th gear I was seeing vacuum at 14 inches. Much more torque for cruising around.

There you go

The first stroker motor I built I reused cam,turbo and heads from my stock stroke 109 block.Just changed the short block and gained 50rwhp on a chassis dyno that i have used several times before with this same car... I changed the cam to a custom ground comp and upgraded the turbo from a 67 to a 70 series and made 125 rwhp gain over stock stroke...( pump gas methanol 26psi)

I'll take all the extra cu. in. I can get !!!!!!
Isn't there a saying " 2 ways to make HP--cu. in. or cu. $

So how much did you guys gain in the dyno or at the track? 30 hp and 50 ft lbs of torque can be gained with tuning if the combo isn't maxed out.
well you get the hp and torque just by bolting in then tuning will gain what the combo can give just like seeya v6 saw

very nice

I notice a large improvement in spoolup capability with my new Don Cruz built DLS stroker. Other items that changed were -ported lower intake, GN1 heads with roller rockers, 3" up pipe and 80# injectors. Everything else is the same from the 109 build. 17 psi in 1st gear and 10psi the rest of the run I still went 11.6 @ 112 last night at the track. At 70-75 mph on the highway locked in 4th gear I was seeing vacuum at 14 inches. Much more torque for cruising around.
nice!!!

well the real question is it worth it? yes if you are going for a rebuild with forged internals. if not then no its not worth it

well the real question is it worth it? yes if you are going for a rebuild with forged internals. if not then no its not worth it

I did billet main caps (already had them) AND a girdle:eek: I'd like to run 9's when I get the fuel system upgraded to a sump and weldon. Was it worth it? I just ran 11.6 last night without even pushing it hard at all. My old setup I had to put 20-27 psi to go high 10's low 11's. You only live once.

What was the difference in torque throughout the powerband and did the torque peak at a lower rpm then stock stroke? Anyone have dunk sheets/combos or comparative time slips with 60 ft and mph?