Strip on door

RobV6

I know this is stupid.But this is a nervous question. My Orginal 4,583 mile gn with perfect paint, & body.
It dropped the strip molding from the drivers door. It fell off.
I have it. but don't know what to use to clean it. And how to put it back on.
Usually this is not a problem for me.But the car is all original. And I have visions of messing it up. Can some one help. It would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Rob,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No this not a joke

fix door

All you have to do is clean the old two sided tape off the molding with a razor blade hold it flat and cut the old tape off. Then clean it with 3M adhesive remover let it dry and get a roll of 3M two sided tape from parts store or paint supply house. Clean the car area were the molding goes with alcohol. Roll the two sided tape out on the molding when its dry press firmly down on the two sided tape . Take a peice of 1/4 inch masking tape and line it up on the car above and below were the molding goes and make sure it is staight. Make sure the distance between the masking tape is the width of the molding. Then pull the red protective cover off the two sided tape on the molding and start applying the molding in between the masking tape reference marks you already put on the car. Start at one end and work you way down the car pressing firmly on the molding to get it to stick good. It may help to have a friend to hold the end of the molding away from the car while you work your way down the side. Hope this helps the key to it is making sure the molding is clean and the car is clean so the new two sided tape will stick and to make sure the masking tape reference lines are staight. One more thing the car needs to be warm not cold. The tape will not stick if it is cold. If you need any more help or questions post back good luck.:biggrin:

Hmm, I would just leave it off and remove the strip from the other side while ur at it..It looks so much better without it:cool:

Thanks so much

BALLen86gn
THank you for that great explanation. I could'nt have asked for more help.
I've taken cars apart to Paint. But always used new stuff to re-do.

Because this car is so original,there where points made,that i didn't know.
Again thanks for the in deepth way to fix it. I just finisihed painting my white Limited. Left the moldindings off. So I get the picture.

At least I can decide BASS.>>>>>>>:biggrin: