Street Performance (IL)

Sherry, I totally understand the situation, I wish I can show up on Sunday but then again I would have to move into my Garage permanently.

And you never have to apologize to us thinking that you hijacked the thread, you are always welcome here to say what ever you like. You always have something good or pleasant to say to us.

Prasad

a friend of mine also had got burned by street performance

Did Gary call it quits and/or is his son still there off of Arlington Hts rd??

My cousin just got a ton of work done there mid last year but have not talked to him about it.

Mrs. Loyd how are you, I used to get the newsletter for a couple of years and need to know how to get back into the club. Please PM me with info on dues etc. This year will be the first in many that my GN will be back on the roads of IL. :cool:

When I first purchased my GN, I took it to Street Performance and asked him to look it over. He replaced half the sensors on the car including the coil pack and ign. module. The car was running fine when I took it to him. He charged me $1000.00. When I objected, he walked away saying when I paid, I would get my car back. I paid and chalked it up to experience.
Because of that, I learned to do my own work. Learning took time, and I drove a few people crazy with stupid questions, but now I do all of my own work. To me, a large part of the pleasure of owning a TR is working on it. I have a heated, two car garage and lots of tools. I have helped many of our Buick brothers, and would be happy to help anyone who asked. Just my .02. :smile:

Hi Rick,
Yes, the Translator is working great and the car is running very good. I just installed the new turbo and LC1 wb. How's everything with you? Chris

Goood, good. Hope to see you at some meets this summer. I have a new turbo, headers and some other goodies to put on. Just looking for some nicer weather.
Just curious, what afr are you shooting for at the top of third?

New turbo and headers...

Goood, good. Hope to see you at some meets this summer. I have a new turbo, headers and some other goodies to put on. Just looking for some nicer weather.

Man Im gonna need a spot!

Okay, I lied. I haven't finished installing the LC1, so I haven't started tuning yet. I have the XD-1 gauge installed and the bung welded in, but I haven't wired the LC1 under the dash. What turbo and heads did you buy?

Okay, I lied. I haven't finished installing the LC1, so I haven't started tuning yet. I have the XD-1 gauge installed and the bung welded in, but I haven't wired the LC1 under the dash. What turbo and heads did you buy?

OH yea guys i guess Gary at street performance in retired no more turbo buicks ..Everyone can breath a lil easily now...:biggrin:

70 gtq and some TA haeders. Also have some HR mounts and some billet pullys. Got plenty to do, just need some time.

In order to get no knock, I have to shoot for 10.5 to 1 with alky and 93.

When did he retire? He still has Gary Jr. who was waiting to take things over. He's a little bit nicer then the old man.

OH yea guys i guess Gary at street performance in retired no more turbo buicks ..Everyone can breath a lil easily now...:biggrin:

Well, I am not so sure, I was told that he moved to or close to Rockford and bought a place with a big barn or something. I think he will be working on Turbo Buicks out his new place. Around early December he called me and said that he was moving and had some goodies for me for a good price but I never got a chance to go check it out.

Prasad

Steve onesto told me Satruday that he was done with all the buick sh-t,i heard he moved and was retired . oh well i guess we'll see . later bro

I just talked to Gary. He said he moved out to Rockford. He also said he will start working on Buicks again, but it's going to take him a while to get set up.

What is all this "tuning" you guys are talking about?

Oh, and Wickedv6 - you left out out my favorite v6 engine management! The highly sought after GENVI DFI!

What is all this "tuning" you guys are talking about?

Oh, and Wickedv6 - you left out out my favorite v6 engine management! The highly sought after GENVI DFI!

Hey I still have four of those "highly sought after GEN VI" on my shelf. Hey I still believe in them but I'll never have your luck!!!!!!!!

Hey Cliff when is the white T getting picked up from John?

Prasad

Hey I still have four of those "highly sought after GEN VI" on my shelf. Hey I still believe in them but I'll never have your luck!!!!!!!!

Hey Cliff when is the white T getting picked up from John?

Prasad

The white T was picked up saturday night....

Me and Raul took it for a spin yesterday afternoon.. Pulled good for 10psi and pump gas... I'll have the wick turned up this weekend :cool:

Also, FYI- Looks like a couple more friends will be joinin the dark side over the next few weeks... It's going to be a fun summer-

Cliff

Did you try schwartz performance in Crystal Lake? Does a lot of turbo work. Schwartz Extreme Performance Good luck Known him for about almost 30 years does some great work. A little full of himself, but very detailed orientated. You want to talk to Jeff Schwartz. phone # 1-815-455-2230