Street Performance (IL)

Epic bump.. I'm not here to praise Gary Oswald but I'm surprised he has a bad reputation. I had a T-Type back in 94-95, I lived in Park Ridge so why not take it to him for service. The car wouldn't run in boost. My initial tune up was also $1000. It seemed reasonable, a ton of work was done and the car ran great afterwards. Non stock upgrades after that were a chip ($50) and a dump pipe ($50) that's it and the car ran 12.6's. I went up against a GN with $5k in work from ANS at Byron. His best as I recall was a 13.4. ANS seemed to be Street Performances biggest compeditor, and from what I remember the guy was sold a bunch of stuff he didn't need. Gary was at the strip that day and soon after straightened that guy's car out. Anyways I'm a new member and certain that I will own another T-Type, hopefully in the not too distant future, a WE4 for sure. I've been searching the boards, and natually seached for "street performance".

Threre was alot of stuff i heard on here about both Gary and Pete.I never had a problem with either one they were both super people to deal with.I know alot of people back in the day that thought they were going into these shops and gonna come out running 9 seconds and when they ran 12 seconds they were pissed.I think it was Gary that told me speed cost money how fast do you want to go.That sums it up. This a really old post

Epic bump.. I'm not here to praise Gary Oswald but I'm surprised he has a bad reputation. I had a T-Type back in 94-95, I lived in Park Ridge so why not take it to him for service. The car wouldn't run in boost. My initial tune up was also $1000. It seemed reasonable, a ton of work was done and the car ran great afterwards. Non stock upgrades after that were a chip ($50) and a dump pipe ($50) that's it and the car ran 12.6's. I went up against a GN with $5k in work from ANS at Byron. His best as I recall was a 13.4. ANS seemed to be Street Performances biggest compeditor, and from what I remember the guy was sold a bunch of stuff he didn't need. Gary was at the strip that day and soon after straightened that guy's car out. Anyways I'm a new member and certain that I will own another T-Type, hopefully in the not too distant future, a WE4 for sure. I've been searching the boards, and natually seached for "street performance".

ive got a beautiful we4 for sale actually....... :biggrin: