Street Class for BMP

Would you personally run your car in the street class?

• Yes I want to participate.. dont care

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Will only run if criteria meets my car

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I wont run becuase my car is not fast enough

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • would rather run brackets, not heads up

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
you have worked on mine enough what do you think? I think the whole converter thing is gonna mess with my times. But I would like to

Originally posted by Russell Stover
you have worked on mine enough what do you think? I think the whole converter thing is gonna mess with my times. But I would like to

Need to make some time and get the car dialed in at Sunshine or Bradenton to make sure everything is A-OK. When you get your scanmaster in, it will let you know.

Dont expect miracles on a stocker running low boost. Tho I think participating in the vent will make you enjoy the car a whole lot more.

See ya Sat nite.

Julio

Razor,
Researched everything I could find on Xylene and Toulene...
Thanks for the heads-up. Be choice of street chips then.
What's the latest on possible brackets, being it's all I've done for the past 25 years? What time do we meet you guys on Sunday to fuel up? Will need directions to the Amoco station. Don't mean to make more work for ya, I know you're busy enough with this. If I can be of any help, let me know. I'm a couple hours away, but I could help organize the cruise nite, make fliers to pass out at the track on Saturday, whatever. Let me know. My wife can do video and photos, need to give her something to do, she gets bored quick at the track. Notice how I waited until the last minute to offer! Sorry, really just found out about this last week. Been mostly lurking on the list since the mid-90's, probably time to get more involved.
Later,
Howard
slowsix@excite.com

The Amoco gas station sits west of the highway approx 3/4 of a mile. The track is east of the highway 7 miles? There is a Hess gas station west of the highway and its much prettier. But most guys would probably want to race on the Amoco stuff.

I dont know bout the brackets deal, but this class the target cars will run lower 12's and be competitive. Yes there are some cars faster than that in the country, but on radial tires.. it really becomes a drivers race.

Thanks for the offer to help. I felt the same way hence why I spearheaded this effort to do something for the street cars. My feelings on the meeting up at the fill station would be 8-8:30 Am we meet there, 1/2 hour should give everyone enough time to put gas in their cars. We can then caravan to the track. Would be an excellent photo op. And arrive at the track 8:45 ish.. and have plenty of time for the cars to cool down, and get them ready to participate. I believe on Sundays, the lanes open at 10 am. probably can do test and tune for a little bit, figure how many cars, drop those car numbers into a hat. And pull out who gets to go against who for first round. And move from there. Obviously get to play with your chips, fueling, tire pressure, etc once at the track.

I'd love if someone could help in designing a decal or??? we can place on the drivers window like a participation decal, that way when the gas goes in, the sticker goes on the car. And we've tech'd the fuel issue there. The track doesnt sell 93 oct gas. They have 100, and 112/116 at the pumps. They do have racing alcohol for those interested for 2.50 a gallon.

Understand the brackets issue depending on how many cars requires co-ordinating it. And really no planning is needed for it, but the manpower will need to be addressed.

We have grudge racing=test-n-tune.. So you'll be lining up next to other Buicks all day long. Lets see how it goes.

Yes on the cruise nite.. that would be awwwsummmm. Sat nite.. yeah!

Razor,
I'd be glad to make the fliers and pass them out saturday morning/afternoon at the track for the cruise night. Since you live in the area, could you give me an idea of time and place to meet, where we should go... is there an establishment you would like to support that night? Please pass particulars. Thanks in advance. Looks like the stickers for the 93 class are getting handled, was going to have my wife design one with turbo 6 emblem and white "93" incorporated below on a round, black background. I let her off the hook after reading some of the posts this weekend. Let me know if you need anything else.

Howard
'87 GN
Looking locally at '86 GN, bone stock, 1 owner lady (92 years old...no kidding at all!!) met her today...body good with lots of chicken crap on newer paint sitting in carport...small rust bubbles inside doors at lower weld line, little rust around t-top gaskets on front edges, bad drivers seatback on door side edge, surface rust on 2 wheels, dirty, filthy dirty everywhere, starts easy, idles good, didn't drive it yet..149K miles, I can probably own it for around $3,000.00 though. Hmmm...thinking about it.

hi slowsix if you do not buy the car you metioned please let me have a number to contact this lady ,sounds like a good investment. let me know.
thanks JD

car you metioned

No kidding. I am second in line...;)

Actually, I have seen such a car.

I was drving my son to soccer practice one night, and I pull up next to a lady in her late 50's, early 60's.

I said "Hi, I run the turbo buick club down here. Is that your husbands car and is he in the club?" She said "no" and proceeded to tell me the car is hers and that she "bought the car new".

I asked her if she wanted the URL for the club web site and she said she was not intersted...

Guys,
Went and saw old lady with '86 GN again yesterday.
Looked at it good this time (didn't have the wife in tow)...
Has new factory looking exhaust, at least tailpipes, with stickers still on and new tires. Checked d/side floor for rust, none. Hasn't leaked into interior (Front metal trim for d/side t-top has rust in outside corner). P/side t-top trim good, but little rust in center section. She says t-tops don't leak inside. Has original BRF code trans (she says it's never been rebuilt) and 8.5 rearend. She's pretty sentimental on this car. She bought it new in Clearwater, the only other person to ever drive it was her daughter. I had her at $3,000...then the old man she lives with (she says too old to marry him) came home and told her it was worth at least $7,000...Before I left, she asked me if I would go $3,500...I will. We left it at that. She's supposed to call me one way or the other today. It looks loaded, digital dash (arrgh!), climate control, power seat, CSII, Posi, T-tops etc...my top dollar will be $4K...I'll only buy to re-sell. If she won't go that low, I'll pass her contact info (with her permission of course) on to you guys and you can have at it.
Later,
Howard

thanks for the input keep us up to date on your progress.
sounds like a very strong drivers car . did you get to drive it at alllet me know.thanks JD

I am back from the dead

Wassssuuuuppp guys... Long time no speak. Been outta the loop for awhile. But I am back.

So, y'all gotta tell me are rednecks from Tennessee allowed at this her shin-dig??

Hope to see you all at the next SFTBC meeting. Was at towers these last two Saturdays.

Well, just letting you all know I have returned. Gotta fresh new ride will be posting pics. Sean and I have been in touch so eventhough I have been outta the loop here on the board. I am not so far out of the loop.

Missed the fun so hope to check y'all out at Bradenton.

Tony

Correction..

I meant I was at Towers these last few Saturdays.

See, still the same ole redneck.

TTYL,
Tony

Dang it...

Did it again, I meant FRIDAYS..

Alheimers.. hits you where it hurts. LOL

Jsta6....
I think I met you down in Hollywood at a picnic you guys had at a big park a couple of years ago. I drove up from Key West in the rain the whole way. You might remember cause I was for sure the only one with Alaska plates on my car.
Howard

Jsta6...
Thought you might....I finally retired from the Navy last fall and moved here between Gainesville and Ocala. Are you and the gang coming up to Bradenton? Would be great to see everyone again. I already know how fast you guys are, mine is the slowsix of that bunch. If I draw you or your buddy w/that white T it'll be a good bye run for one of you. Should've gotten the alcohol injection a while ago. That's okay, it'll still be lots of fun just to hang out with everyone for a couple days and finally get this car down the track a couple of times.
See ya later,
Howard

Yes, a lot of us are coming up.

I don't think I am that fast. I haven't been to the track since the Buick Bradenton event last year.

My g-tech gave me a 12.85 about a month ago on the street. We will see what I can put together at Bradenton next week.

(BTW, my son's middle name is Howard).

Good to hear...look forward to seeing you guys.
I'd be happy with that 12.85 on pump gas, we'll
have to see how things go. Take care and see
ya soon.
Howard