Street Car Shootout NE TX

DRKSYD

I posted this in events but thought it might help to post it here in the Texas forum also. Anyone wanting more info or motels in the area, or directions to the track let me know. Also if you think you might be interested maybe leave a message here just so we might get a feel for how much interest there is in this.

Thanks
Brad

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NE Texas Street Car Shootout
Paris Dragstrip Hwy.82 East, Paris,TX
March 22nd 2003

All classes must be tagged and inspected with working head-taillights and run mufflers!!

STREET STOCK -$20.00 entry
No power adder unless OEM
Radial tire only(Drag radial OK)
Any bolt on allowed
Must retain factory heads

N/A -$20.00 entry
Any combo
No power adder at all!!

SUPER STREET -$25.00 entry
Any engine combo
Single power adder (Dual stage OK)
Slicks-10.5max....DOT 12.5max (sidewall reading)

EFI STREET -$25.00 entry
Single power adder(Dual stage OK)
Any Electronic fuel injected vehicle w/any engine combo
DFI or other engine management unit is allowed
Slicks-10.5 max....DOT 12.5max (sidewall reading)

IMPORT CLASS-$20.00 entry
Anything goes
Any tire
RWD -OK

OUTLAW -$30.00 entry
Anything goes

BEAT THE HEAT BRACKET RACING ACTION!!!
Spectator $10.00 kids 10 and under free
All classes are heads up with a Pro-Tree except Beat the heat cars!
Gates open @10a.m, 1st of two qualifying sessions begins @12noon
A 1ST AND 2ND PLACE TROPHY WILL BE AWARDED IN EACH CLASS. 1ST PLACE PAYOUT IN EACH CLASS.
Tech has final say in all matters!!
Contact Paris Dragstrip @(903)982-5358
Stephen Cobey(903)785-5811
Jeff Parker (903) 785-5811 or (903) 491-3289 or email IROC@cox-internet.com

fast86gn as soon as they have some fliers made up I will scan one and send it to you if you do not mind handing out some down that way or slapping them on store windows. I think they are going judge the payout by the number of cars so the more the merrier :D .............not that mine will be in the running for the money but I will be there to show some boost anyway :p

Brad

Oh btw I noticed from your sig that you run low 12's. Almost identical times to what mine has run before for previous owner. My best was a little off that though. Only a 8.5 1/8th with a 1.79 60' I think I need new valve springs cause she dont seem to be pulling the MPH. :( Oh well all in due time. :D

Brad

Originally posted by DRKSYD
fast86gn as soon as they have some fliers made up I will scan one and send it to you if you do not mind handing out some down that way or slapping them on store windows. I think they are going judge the payout by the number of cars so the more the merrier :D .............not that mine will be in the running for the money but I will be there to show some boost anyway :p

Brad

No problems on the flyers send em my way!

Oh btw I noticed from your sig that you run low 12's. Almost identical times to what mine has run before for previous owner. My best was a little off that though. Only a 8.5 1/8th with a 1.79 60' I think I need new valve springs cause she dont seem to be pulling the MPH. :( Oh well all in due time. :D

Brad

Who was the previous owner if you don't mind me asking was he from Paris?

My best 1/8 was at Redline I pulled down a 7.69 @ 90mph but it runs comfortable around 7.80- 8.00 @ about 86mph, the 90 mph was locking the convertor and I try not to do it to much I've already ballooned one and that gets expensive.

No I bought this car from a guy in Alabama back about nearly 3 years ago. There are a few other GN's in Paris area and one WE4. How often do you go up to Redline? I went once and........well lets just say I had a sever under boost problem (which turned out to be the wrong vacuum Y and wrong size hoses on the wastegate actuator) and ran pretty pathetically. It was on a Thursday in memory of Sept 11th. I think it was on the 12th though lol. Anyway I have the boost problem fixed now but still a lot more other issues to deal with and not much money to deal with them with at this time. Trying to sell a house and once that sells look out dragstrips. :D Let me know next time you might venture up to Redline I might try to come down myself.

Brad

I'll keep ya posted on Redline, just waiting for the weather to get better.
They open on Sunday afternoon in the winter when the weather is good.

I had asked about the car because I know a couple of guys in Paris that own TR's.
Plus I have a lot of ties to Paris, I have a lot of family there.

Did you by any chance make the Cops & Rodders show there last year?
I was at that show with my GN, I came down from Dallas with a friend of mine Scott that use to live there he has a white Ford Lightening, they were parked side by side at the show.

In fact I just spoke to Scott on the phone and he said he knows you.

Yeah we all know Scott up here.............we ran him off to DFW area :p I did not make the show this past year because of work. Visit our local car club (I guess you could call us that) at www.SmittysSpeedShop.com sometime. Then if you have any input (or if anyone else does either) you can help us make this street car race a success. I am assuming you know Jerry and Brian since you mentioned a couple of turbo Buick guys in this area. There is a Drs. wife who drives one sometimes and another guy who lives north of town but I have not seen his car in about 2 years so he may have gotten rid of it. Ask Scott if he showers with his car keys in Waco from now on. I am sure he will start spitting and stuttering in explaining that one to you. lol

Brad

Yeah we all know Scott up here.............we ran him off to DFW area :p I did not make the show this past year because of work. Visit our local car club (I guess you could call us that) at www.SmittysSpeedShop.com sometime. Then if you have any input (or if anyone else does either) you can help us make this street car race a success. I am assuming you know Jerry and Brian since you mentioned a couple of turbo Buick guys in this area. There is a Drs. wife who drives one sometimes and another guy who lives north of town but I have not seen his car in about 2 years so he may have gotten rid of it. Ask Scott if he showers with his car keys in Waco from now on. I am sure he will start spitting and stuttering in explaining that one to you. lol

Brad

Yeah I know them boys, tell em I said hello.
I'll be sure to ask Scott about those car keys.

All classes must be tagged and inspected with working head-taillights and run mufflers!!

STREET STOCK -$20.00 entry
No power adder unless OEM
Radial tire only(Drag radial OK)
Any bolt on allowed
Must retain factory heads

All classes are heads up with a Pro-Tree except Beat the heat cars!

Holy Crap, that class has Turbo Buick written all over it. I think I found a reason to put my car back together. :)

Re: Re: Street Car Shootout NE TX

Originally posted by UNGN
Holy Crap, that class has Turbo Buick written all over it. I think I found a reason to put my car back together. :)

Cm'on Chris let's race!

I agree with you UNGN but do not forget about a certain f$#@ product out now called the cobra. I don't know if you have seen one of these run or seen times posted but I know they are quick. Get it put together and make the trip up ............like I say the more the merrier...........also the more the winner will get too probably :p

Brad