11.13.11 - Who want's to carpet bomb the IFO event with our cars?

SuperCPA

I don't feel tardy.....
Hello everyone! If you attended the Brand X Bash earlier this year at the Texas Motorplex and want to do it again before the season is over, we have an opportunity to do so. This year the bracket class at the Import Face Off is open to everyone here with a guaranteed payout.

BRACKET CLASSES presented by TDC Performance

PAYOUTS - $200 - Must have 4 entries for full payout. Less than 4 will receive half the normal payout.

Winner - $150
R/U - $50

CLASS DESCRIPTION
Handicap sportsman tree (.500) class for any RWD, AWD or FWD import or domestic sport compact vehicle. Any 4, 5, 6, 8 cylinder and 2 or 3 Rotor import manufacturer engine allowed. Air-cooled entries allowed. No restriction on power adder type or combination thereof. Any transmission allowed. Slicks or DOT tires allowed. Any type of exhaust allowed. Drivers responsible for their own dial in time.
AND/OR

We can create our own class with 100% of the entry fees going back into the winner's purse to be disbursed to however many places we want.

YOUR OWN CLASS

CLASS DESCRIPTION
Have a group of 4 or more racers that want to compete exclusively with each other? Racers are welcome to create their own class at any Import Face-Off. 100% of the entry fees will be paid back to winner(s). Contact IFO at 225-247-7223 to have your own class made! Example of added classes at previous events: Hot Rod, D-Series, VW Pro Stock, Domestic Street, etc.

I am invisioning a "Full Throttle V6" class to be constructed with the same rules as the "Bracket" class with the one exception that it must be powered by a V6 engine. Based upon the IFO's above statement, if the entry fees are $25.00, it would not take very many cars to have a purse that exceeds the "Bracket" class purse. This is a HUGE event and a cool way to show off the fine rides in our community. This would also provide the opportunity for you to compete in both classes if desired. I have to act quickly to get this approved by the IFO so please post up if this is something that you would want to participate in!

For possible example:
25 Cars = $625.00 5 rounds, 3 bye runs (1st-300, 2nd-175, Semi1-75, Semi2-75)

OK Everyone - It's official!!!

When: 11.13.11
Where: Texas Motorplex (Ennis, Texas)
Entry: Race registration begins at 9:00am however I suggest arriving to get in line much earlier.

I spoke with IFO founder Cliff Wallace today and he is excited about having all of us there! However, there is one hitch in the ability for most of us to participate in the bracket class that I over looked. Their bracket class is for SPORTS COMPACTS ONLY. Therefore, the only class that most of will be able to participate in will be the class that I am going to setup for us.

Here is what I am setting up:
  1. You DO NOT have to pre-register for our class. Just pay the $25.00 entry fee at the gate upon arrival and we will handle the rest. Easy no?
  2. All collected entry fees will go into the pot for the winners of 1st, 2nd, and the semi finalist(s)
  3. I am going to set up the class as a standard format .500 handicap tree that everyone here is already accustomed to running with.
  4. Any domestic V6 powered vehicle welcomed. Any BUICK powered vehicle welcomed.
  5. This will be an "any tire" class. Slicks? Drag Radials? FWD? RWD? - No Problem!
  6. This will be a "No Box" event. (No delay boxes, No throttle stops)
  7. Any transmission combination including trans brakes are acceptable
  8. Any power adder or combination thereof is acceptable
We are supposed to get at least 2 time trial sessions (3 if time allows). We should also get our own lane in the staging area that we will use to line up in for time trials and eliminations. Eliminations are scheduled to begin at 1:30pm.

For those of you not familiar to this event, it is a really big deal with thousands of spectators. Think of it as a national event for the import crowd. I know that they will also appreciate seeing our Big Bad Buicks and our friends clicking off the impressive e.t.'s that we are capable of.

If possible, we will try to organize to park together inside the event. I have traffic cones available for marking off some spaces if needed. So spread the word to everyone in our Buick community that you know and turn this into our own personal mini-national event!

I contacted a friend of mone that does photography and he may be able to make it as well as myself. I'll just have to see what happens. :)

[SUB][/SUB]
I am planning on being there for sure!
Great! I am glad that you are going to make it out. Are you getting caught up on your sleep yet? I know those 2:00am feedings can get to be a whipping after a while.

I contacted a friend of mone that does photography and he may be able to make it as well as myself. I'll just have to see what happens. :)
That would be awesome! :cool:

I made one adjustment to the rules when submitting them to the IFO. This class will be inclusive to all Buicks even if they are not Buick powered vehicles.

I have confirmed our class designation with the IFO. We will now be known as the "Deep Six" class!:D Everyone racing will use "D6" on their windows.

[SUB][/SUB]
Great! I am glad that you are going to make it out. Are you getting caught up on your sleep yet? I know those 2:00am feedings can get to be a whipping after a while.

Hey Carl! I'm glad I'm going to make it out too, had a good time at Ennis earlier this year. Sleep is slowly coming back to us, but it is a good time for sure getting up every two to three hours all night. I can't complain though, he has been really well behaved so far!

Print this flyer and you will receive $2.00 off spectator admission!
  • Right click on the picture with your mouse
  • Select "Print Picture"
Ennis-front-2011.jpg

Texas Motorplex said:
IFO Event Schedule:​

November 13, 2011
  • Race registration starts at 9 a.m.
  • Car show registration from 9 to 11 a.m.
  • Heads up qualifying at 11 a.m., 12, & 1 p.m.
  • Judging begins at 11 a.m.
  • Eliminations at 2:30, 3:30, & 4:30 p.m.
  • Awards ceremony at 4:30 p.m.
EVENT ACTIVITIES:
  • Car/truck/bike show, 1/4 mile drag racing, Usaci double points stereo crank it up contest, burnout contest (time permitting), raffles and giveaways, models, vendors, and DJs.
  • SHOW PRICES: All spectator tickets and competitor registration forms can be bought on the day of the show at the front gate.
  • Spectator $15 with flier (regular $17) *fliers printed off computer OK to use - right click on flyer image, print (B&W OK). Coupon only good for spectator admission.
  • Children 10 and under FREE
  • Car Show Entry $25 (does not include free passenger pass). *Note, IFO only charges $25 per car show entry, not $50 to $60 like other events that claim to give a "free" passenger pass.
  • Test and Tune Drag Racer $25 (open to any make/model)
  • Competition Drag Racer $25 (imports and sport compacts only)
  • Burnout Contest FREE
  • Stereo Crank It Up Info: 479-750-0505 or www.SoundOff.org

Just a final reminder, the website states that racer registration will begin at 9:00am Sunday. I am recommending that you arrive to get in line at the gate no later than 8:00am if possible. There are going to be a LOT of people at this event if history repeats itself. As best as possible, we will try to get settled in an area where we can park/trailer together. I have never been to one of these events before and I am not sure how it will be laid out for the racers, car show and vendor parking zones. I am looking forward to hanging out and don't forget to print out the flyer for your pit crew discount's. I believe that you will need one for each separately.

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!