stock with alky...how fast can you go?

I have a 15,000 mile Limited that I wanted to keep stock and run in the 12's.
I have made several 12.80's passes with a best of 12.78.

Here's a list of my modifications:
-upgraded fuel pump with hot wire
-237 fuel regulator (retains stock appearance)
-boost guage
-scan master (installed with plug-in for quick removal at shows)
-test pipe
-air bags
-MT drag radials
-Alkycontrol kit (alcohol reservoir is overflow tank, with food coloring looks like antifreeze)
-TurboTweek alky chip

This was achieved with the original unmodified stock turbo with non-adjustable wastegate, through the original down pipe and exhaust with the original crossflow muffler still in place, untouched transmission and original fuel injectors. This is a very basic low cost recipe that retains stock appearance and dependability. Hope this helps

fast, cheap, reliable. Pick 2

THat soon is gonna change. THe stock turbo finally crapped out! Now I just gotta figure out what to replace it with that would work good for the street. I'm not going to limit myself since I'm gonna go bigger on injectors and stall

-boost guage
-test pipe
-air bags
-MT drag radials
-Alkycontrol kit (alcohol reservoir is overflow tank, with food coloring looks like antifreeze)
-TurboTweek alky chip

This was achieved with the original unmodified stock turbo with non-adjustable wastegate, through the original down pipe and exhaust with the original crossflow muffler still in place, untouched transmission and original fuel injectors. This is a very basic low cost recipe that retains stock appearance and dependability. Hope this helps

How much boost were you running?

I went 12.80s at least a dozen times with a fat tune and 22/20 timing on my stock turbo with alky @ 22psi on the gauge. Stock intercooler, fuel pump upgrades, and Mickey's. It was a lot of fun. I just got the converter in before winter, so I'm looking forward to stock like spool again this year with the 44! I'm looking forward to getting my Razor kit this winter though and pushing a little harder than my SMC would support. It just never stops...still unopened 109 but maybe a cam would go well with new valve springs?

stock motor turbo ic , with alky and tires can go 12.0s egding into 11s on a good day
toss on a duttneck and a 49 and it can run 11.5s and even a little faster ..without having to open the motor , although 24 yr old nylon timing set and valvesprings would have me worried

-boost guage
-test pipe
-air bags
-MT drag radials
-TurboTweek alky chip

I went 12.80s at least a dozen times with a fat tune and 22/20 timing on my stock turbo with alky @ 22psi on the gauge. Stock intercooler, fuel pump upgrades, and Mickey's. It was a lot of fun. I just got the converter in before winter, so I'm looking forward to stock like spool again this year with the 44! I'm looking forward to getting my Razor kit this winter though and pushing a little harder than my SMC would support. It just never stops...still unopened 109 but maybe a cam would go well with new valve springs?

I hope to soon join this 12 sec low mod club You gentleman speak of....