Stock turbo questions

Foggedv6

Is there a 4 bolt turbine housing that will bolt on to a stock turbo?

And is a intercooled turbo hot side the same as a hotair?

Thanks.

To my knowledge, there are not any true bolt on Garrett T4 style turbine housings that will work with a stock '86-'87 TBO348 turbo. A T4 housing that has been machined for a T31 turbine wheel will technically fit over the stock turbos turbine wheel, but it is far from optimal due to the contour of the wheel and the clearance between the tongue of the housing and the blade. IOW, way too much clearance for spool up efficiency. If you are referring to a T3/T4 style 5 bolt housing, I still think the answer is no.

I do believe a Hot Air turbine housing bolts up the same way as an Intercooled '86/'87 housing does. The main difference has to do with the compressor cover and the way that it slips into the adapter on the Hot Air cars, vs the IC cars take a slip on clamp on style hose.

Turbocharger Guide
Turbocharger Guide
Turbocharger Guide

HTH

Patrick

So I'd have to buy another turbine wheel if I wanted to use a t3 or t4 housing then?

Just kinda wieghing my options. I was wanting to use this turbo I've had laying around on another project to save some cash. It was on my hotair when I bought it. Not really sure what turbo exactly it is. It has a te style compressor housing and if I remember right a 53mm wheel. Thought it might work well on my dsm I've been driving. Just to give ya a heads up on what I was trying to do.

Thanks.