stock turbo or ??

thejanster

ok im a newbie at all the GN mods so what I need to know is keep stock turbo or swap for a ta49 ? stock now but will be doing 009 injectors,3"downpipe,exhaust,chip,cai,adj fuel reg,walbro pump and hotwire kit. Need to know if stock turbo is sufficient or upgrade to ta-49? Also am i missing any basic mods? will be running on street and hope it will be in the high 12's

The TA-49 is a tiny upgrade. There are alot better turbos out there right now. If you are getting the TA49 for cheap, than go for it. Talk with Fullthrottlespeed, Precision turbo, Jack Cotton, or any and all of the vendors out there. Be sure to keep in mind that just going high 12's can be accomplished with the stock turbo. But you WON'T want to stay there for very long! I KNOW this for I've "Been there, done that", but it was 18 years ago or so. These cars will wow you for a while, but then you will get used to the power and want more. I have helped guys with their cars and we installed ported heads, cam, turbo...... and they would call me up peeing their pants, about how fast the car is!!!!! then about five weeks later they call back and say that there is something wrong!........."the car is slow now!" And I would just answer by saying "NO! it just that you are used to it now, and it doesn't "seem" as fast" So, if you are buying parts, plan on building a mid 11 second car. It's pretty easy these days. You can always just turn the boost down at first, then turn it up in increments as you get used to it.