stock turbo for sale

Selling my stock turbo. Ran great when removed. Compressor wheel has wear but worked great. I would probably rebuild before running again.

Asking $200 obo

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130103_221638.png
    ForumRunner_20130103_221638.png
    437.6 KB · Views: 55
If the compressor wheel rubbed the housing, then the wheel is useless. It will be out of balance and will not have tight enough clearances, even after a rebuild. Not to mention that the edges of the fins would be bent inward and unrepairable. You would have to get a new wheel, balance the assembly, then rebuild. $50 would be a fair price as a core, but it would still need plenty of new parts... ;)

If the compressor wheel rubbed the housing, then the wheel is useless. It will be out of balance and will not have tight enough clearances, even after a rebuild. Not to mention that the edges of the fins would be bent inward and unrepairable. You would have to get a new wheel, balance the assembly, then rebuild. $50 would be a fair price as a core, but it would still need plenty of new parts... ;)
Thanks for the dissertation on used turbos. I'm sure it will be valuable in the future.

In this case, the wheels had not come into contact with either housing so it doesn't really matter.

Oh yeah, and I think you're wrong as well. Pretty sure rubbing the housing isn't going to ruin a turbo. If it crashes, different story.

Thanks for the dissertation on used turbos. I'm sure it will be valuable in the future.

In this case, the wheels had not come into contact with either housing so it doesn't really matter.

Oh yeah, and I think you're wrong as well. Pretty sure rubbing the housing isn't going to ruin a turbo. If it crashes, different story.

Sorry, I didn't meant to come off abrasive. I was just describing what happens, as I used to rebuild them quite a bit(Chryslers, GM, and Fords- primarily Garrett's and Turbonetics). My experience has been that once the compressor wheel has come in contact with the compressor housing for any period of time, the clearances become higher due to contacted wheel wear and the compressor wheel's weight is then not proportional with the overall balance of the assembly as a whole. Sorry for the confusion...