Stock turbo 4.1 build question

phillyvader

Anyone see anything wrong with running a stock turbo on a 4.1 street motor?? Here is whats done, hyper pistons, 204/214 flat tappet, 30lb injectors, hot wired walbro pump, pocket ported and intake matched heads, 100lb springs,rjc plate, ported stock turbo and throttle body. Thanks

I would say that with only 30lb injectors, you need to run a stock turbo as you will be out of fuel otherwise!

Thanks A.J. .. I thought so too :) ..Im hoping to eventually see a high 11 with my set up once its all tweaked. I had the trans done and i have a 2600 stall as well. Im trying to do all this and keep everything looking very stock ;) I want my car to be like the small guy at a bar....but with a black belt :) ... Kinda like Patric Swazy in Road House..but prettier .lol

I would say that with only 30lb injectors, you need to run a stock turbo as you will be out of fuel otherwise!

Your prob right...I do have an adjustable fpr.. so i can turn it up some if need be...Iam considering going bigger on the injectors but i wanna see how it runs like this 1st... I think they are good up to like 430 hp..its not a race car so i wont be taking it to the track ev weekend...I just want to spank some challenger srt/8s and vette's around here ;).

I have a stock turbo on a 4.1. It spools before you hit the gas. I call it gas pedal lag. Its huge fun. 12.8s at BONE stock boost levels. Thats with a non adjustable stock wastegate actuator. I thought having a 3000 stall converter would be a problem but surprisingly its not. The converter is there for when I put on the 45a. Me thinks you'll like it.

I have a stock turbo on a 4.1. It spools before you hit the gas. I call it gas pedal lag. Its huge fun. 12.8s at BONE stock boost levels. Thats with a non adjustable stock wastegate actuator. I thought having a 3000 stall converter would be a problem but surprisingly its not. The converter is there for when I put on the 45a. Me thinks you'll like it.

That really makes me want to build a 4.1

Thanks thats the kinda feed back i wanna hear. That sounds evil i like it :cool: What injectors are u running if u dont mind me asking?

Eric Marshall bka 'TurboTweak' burned my chip. The 60lbers drive/idle like stockers. Of course this engine won't always have a stock turbo so the injectors were chosen to give room to grow.