Stock Transmission question...

87gnguy

I have a stock transmission in my car that started slipping while trying to change gears. When changing between gears with normal driving, the RPMs go up like it's in neutral and there's no torque pushing the car forward. It'll finally go into gear and then it runs and pulls fine. A guy I was talking to said to shorten the TV cable to make it shift firmer. I know which one that is but I don't know what a TV cable does. Is what he's telling me true? I don't want to mess it up even more. I also checked the fluid and it's clean, full and fine. It actually might even be a little too full but it's been that way for 15K miles during the two years I've owned the car. I'm looking at getting it rebuilt, but I'd like to get a few more miles out of it while I save up the money. Any advice is appreciated. I've posted this in the transmission section as well.
Casey

I just starting experiencing tranny issues on my 87 but after explaining what was wrong on here, a bunch of folks told me my issue is probably the TCC solenoid valve, easy fix.

Yours sounds a little worse but there is a guy here in NY who can rebuild for about $1000 and he's good.

Turbo Buick Performance
Performance Engines and 200-4R Transmissions
David Husek
Long Island, New York
516-285-1103
http://www.turbobuickperformance.com