Stock Rockers

When you replace the cam and have the heads off and apart so you can machine the guides for seals, replace the exhaust valves with smooth stem valves, replace the springs, and modify the rocker shaft pedestals so they have enough clearance for the rockers. They are not a bolt on.

and they are waaaaaay to expensive for what they are. So that's a major consideration too.

It's not like that upgrade is something you do just for the hell of it.

All parts are not created equal.

Pushrods.
Lifters.
Rockers.

When measured they are all off a few thousandths.

Roller rockers help to fine tune the rotating assembly.

When it's afforded of course like mentioned above.

D

I agree with everything said above.

I run low tens with stock rockers and shafts.

Would I like to upgrade? Yea when I bolt on the aluminum heads they will have roller rockers.

Until then I will get by with as much stock junk as I can.

You need to remember one thing when it comes to these motors. They are low rpm motors and use relatively low spring pressures until you raise the lift of the cam and the psi on the turbo.

You don't need to buy into all the hype when it comes to roller rockers. At what rpm do you shift at? Under 6 grand I bet.

Stock rockers with a low lift and low rpm motor don't flex enough in my opinion to justify the need for roller rockers.

I've run 28lbs. of boost and shift at 6 grand with a baby roller cam for over 3 years with no rocker or shaft breakage.

Your question should've been I have this combo, or I'm going to run this combo do I need to run XYZ?

Last edited: