Stock Radio with EQ

TeeTopZ

I'm looking for a working stock radio with the eq. Paypal ready, lmk want you have with pics

I plugged speakers into mine to check the channels and it has the correct 84-88 Amber LED display.
EQ works too, I dont own any tapes so I can't confirm but even if someone said theirs worked they're lying... chances are it will eat the tape due to the age of the rubber belts inside. They dry up over time regardless if its NOS or not.
Same scenario with NOS power antennas that brake during the first or second extension due to the nylon cables drying up.
$165 shipped, $175 to California.

Last edited:
I plugged speakers into mine to check the channels and it has the correct 84-88 Amber LED display.
EQ works too, I dont own any tapes so I can't confirm but even if someone said theirs worked they're lying... chances are it will eat the tape due to the age of the rubber belts inside. They dry up over time regardless if its NOS or not.
Same scenario with NOS power antennas that brake during the first or second extension due to the nylon cables drying up.
$165 shipped, $175 to California.

It looks very nice, but a bit more than I was thinking. I will keep you in mind if nothing else comes up

Thats the going rate for verified units from what I've seen. Make an offer
After a little more research, I'm going to pass on your radio. It is not the correct 86-87 ux1 GN radio. It should have the search function for the cassette to be the correct model. I've also found no evidence amber is the correct color, most info points to green. Thanks for the offer though.

My 84, 85s, 87 and 88 Cutlass all are stock and have amber led, I would imagine that all Gbodys used the same units just different faces. 87 442s had a matte finish and amber led. Regals had a shiny face with vacuum metalized trim, not sure on the LED color if you say they're teal I have one of those but didn't think it was correct though. It also has the UX1 scan feature as well and its in working condition just like this one.

Last edited:
My 88 has a shinny face with the trim and an amber LED as well. I can get some photos this weekend of the teal LED UX1 with shinny face and trim if you don't find anything. Looks like the other radio above has the wrong face with a matte finish.

You're correct. The one above has a matte face and no chrome trim. If you could please send pics of the one you have with the teal LCD and the shiny face and chrome knobs it would be appreciated.
It seems the Oldsmobile's radio came with amber display, but everything I have seen shows teal for the Buicks. Thanks