Stock radiator replacement?

Clarkjg33

Looking for a stock radiator replacement. Ordered a "stock" replacement from oreillys. A Murray part number 433569. Radiator is about 6 inches short. Anyone know what to order. Just looking to drop one in and go and not spend huge money on a aluminum fancy one( would be nice though) any suggestions?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I bought the aluminum radiator from O'Reillys for a 1992 Z28 with the 350. Bolted right in, but you either need to add an external transmission cooler, or bend lines to use the cooler in the radiator. I bought an external cooler with its own fan and mounted it on the passenger side rad support. Was pretty simple to do.

There have been several threads on how to do it.
http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/radiatorinstall.htm

I installed the v8 fbody radiator 87-92, found a coupon online for $40 off advance auto online sales, bought it online picked it up in store, bolted right in. It's a little tight of a fit but went it easily and my tranny cooler lines reached just fine. It was like $80 and my car runs 30-50degrees cooler.

I would love to get an ALRADCO. Just can't afford one right now (im sure its worth it). Unfortunately the "direct fit replacement" that all the stores carry for $100ish aren't the same measurements. Its looking like a F body install.. but as some have pointed out its not a drop in with having to add separate coolers etc. Thanks for the info thus far.

I would love to get an ALRADCO. Just can't afford one right now (im sure its worth it). Unfortunately the "direct fit replacement" that all the stores carry for $100ish aren't the same measurements. Its looking like a F body install.. but as some have pointed out its not a drop in with having to add separate coolers etc. Thanks for the info thus far.
I didnt add a separate cooler, I have an '85, and just removed the stock one and put the fbody one in its place.

Local Radiator shops should be able to recore if that's what you need. Usually cheap too.

Yeah why would you even bother at that price. Thanks for the info guys I am considering a couple of options. Thanks

I paid $250 about 4 years ago. Nice brass core. Guy did a really good job, a hole of a shop though.

That $40 Advance Auto online coupon is for real. I used it a few weeks ago. Huge savings. Home delivery and if there is a problem you can resolve it at your local store + turn in your core at the store too. Better deal than Rock Auto if that's possible (rarely) and I use Rock Auto regularly.

Purvhased one on line from U.S.autoparts 2 years ago. Was an exact fit with oil and tranny coolers. Very nice piece. If I was doing it again I would upgrade to an alradco with dual fans. (Was keeping stock at the time)

Attachments

• 1378157196630.jpg
    1378157196630.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 1378157236609.jpg
    1378157236609.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 113