Stock MAF problem?

Itzav6

Took my 84 ttype out for a spin today. Car started to sputter then it stalled. I got it home took the stock MAF off and replaced it with the 87 MAF. Do I need to put the 87 ECM in as well? I don't have an chip at the moment for the ECM will this be a problem ? Once I put the 87 MAF now I can finally hear the turbo spool and it didn't stall out.

Your car runs with the 87 MAF. You can upgrade to the 87 MAF. No chip required. However if you add the 87 ECM, you have to tell Turbo Tweak that you are using the 87 MAF. The only thing you would do after adding the 87 ECM is a air meter plug in air filter..

So I can use the 87 MAF with the stock 84 ECM and I won't have a problem with driving ?

Took my 84 ttype out for a spin today. Car started to sputter then it stalled. I got it home took the stock MAF off and replaced it with the 87 MAF. Do I need to put the 87 ECM in as well? I don't have an chip at the moment for the ECM will this be a problem ? Once I put the 87 MAF now I can finally hear the turbo spool and it didn't stall out.

My advice is simple. If you like your car and want to keep it running.......... The time is now to get rid of the 84/85 ecm and upgrade to the 86/87. Trash the original 84-87 MAF sensors. Get a new LT1 GM sensor and a translator along with a new main chip from turbotweak. Your small calpak chip can be used in the 86/87 ecm. Have turbotweak program out the mat sensor, Next- get rid of the 84/85 coil pak and module. Dinosaurs. Upgrade to the 86/87 setup. Ask for details.

My main goal is to get it running right first then I can make the proper modifications later.