Stock intercooler

Did I see the data right?? The stock and Dutt. neck are actually heating up the inlet temp, so you might as well not have an IC????

I'm only running high 10's with my Dutt. neck stock intercooler. I guess I better take it off. :confused:

Did I see the data right?? The stock and Dutt. neck are actually heating up the inlet temp, so you might as well not have an IC????
No, I think your reading it wrong. It's a bit confusing to read. it looks like some of the columns are reversed on stock and dutt neck. They also said they were highway tests not drag strip like the rest so you can't really compare. So at it's peak the stock IC inlet temp was 274.0, out was 121.5 a 152.5 deg difference. Still a big difference from the FM that see 180+deg drops at the same inlet temp.

Yes, everyone should run out and buy the biggest front mount they can.. buy two and sandwich them, then you can run 12s :)

That is a shitload of data!

That is just one article. There is much more data out there. Keep in mind the data is old and everyone back then was looking for every secret possible to make these cars quicker. Just take some time and look around this board and you will see many quick cars with a variety of combos. You have to decide what you want. Street/track, street, track only, etc. There have been some amazing times on stock blocks and stock location intercoolers running alky.

That is just one article. There is much more data out there. Keep in mind the data is old and everyone back then was looking for every secret possible to make these cars quicker. Just take some time and look around this board and you will see many quick cars with a variety of combos. You have to decide what you want. Street/track, street, track only, etc. There have been some amazing times on stock blocks and stock location intercoolers running alky.
Totally agree. I can honestly tell you that I want a strong running car without having to go crazy.

Totally agree. I can honestly tell you that I want a strong running car without having to go crazy.

A front mount will most likely make more power, at the cost of cooling (need a decent radiator, fans, etc). A stock IC with a dutt neck or a SLIC stretch will probably do for most people. I know my 85 (87 drive-train) went over 120 mph in the 1/4 with a stock IC.

Go to the Alky section and look for Dan A.K.A Grumpy - I think he could write a book on going fast and keeping it simple.