Stock I/C vs. Dutt Neck I/C flow

E85 is too sparse will be running alky, sorry for the old thread but when I'm searching and I find something that pertains to my questions it doesn't matter what the date on it is, FYI the turbonetics te60 I'm referring to is 60-1 comp wheel and 62 exhaust wheel, I already have the te44 version with 60-1 comp wheel & 57 exhaust wheel, just trying to decide on the better of the two with the duttneck..

goals and combo?
99℅ street car capable of 11.5 making good tourqu at low rpm but still have something left up top
Combo is duttneck ic, single nozzle alky, 194/204 speed pro flat tappet, 60's, champ irons, 3" dp, 2.5" gnx exhaust, gnx ssuspension, 10.5" 2600 stall, tnetics bb turbo either te44 or te60..

I ran a completely stock IC stock neck and all 11.55 @ 119mph in really good air. I know guys have been faster though

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

99℅ street car capable of 11.5 making good tourqu at low rpm but still have something left up top
Combo is duttneck ic, single nozzle alky, 194/204 speed pro flat tappet, 60's, champ irons, 3" dp, 2.5" gnx exhaust, gnx ssuspension, 10.5" 2600 stall, tnetics bb turbo either te44 or te60..
run the turbo you have,you have everything you need to run mid 11s as long as the converter your running is right for the car idk which one you have.car will need a good tune and 60ft really well.

run the turbo you have,you have everything you need to run mid 11s as long as the converter your running is right for the car idk which one you have.car will need a good tune and 60ft really well.
Converter is ck performance, thanks

Ive ran both of those turbo's they both flat out rip , you will get more out of the 62 turbine when pushed hard, I had a different converter tho ,I love the small Tnetics turbo's and housings on the street over the pte's...

Ive ran both of those turbo's they both flat out rip , you will get more out of the 62 turbine when pushed hard, I had a different converter tho ,I love the small Tnetics turbo's and housings on the street over the pte's...
That's the thing, want to keep stall speed low cuz of the small cam, also why I'm going with ball bearing option on such a small turbo, so brings up two rookie questions of mine 1 would I have much more lag with the 60 vs the 44 and would the duttneck restrict too much at 25-30 psi? If so I'll stick with the 44, thanks for the feedback on the turbos!

That's the thing, want to keep stall speed low cuz of the small cam, also why I'm going with ball bearing option on such a small turbo, so brings up two rookie questions of mine 1 would I have much more lag with the 60 vs the 44 and would the duttneck restrict too much at 25-30 psi? If so I'll stick with the 44, thanks for the feedback on the turbos!
Stay away from 44/49 unless you like compressor surge. I always steer people to a TE60 right from a stocker-25 psi is fun on the street with stock internals.

60 vs the 44 and would the duttneck restrict too much at 25-30 psi? If so I'll stick with the 44
the dutt neck at 25 to 30 psi is no problem from what I have seen.should be perfect for mid 11s an a very responsive street combo.

Either of those turbo's in my application had zero lag, the cpt44 from jack cotton actually spooled too quick if thats possible, the cpt60 was a better fit still no lag, they were ran with a Art carr converter at that time. the cpt60 felt like it just moved the power band up a 150 rpms.

Stay away from 44/49 unless you like compressor surge. I always steer people to a TE60 right from a stocker-25 psi is fun on the street with stock internals.
Do they always surge or does it depend on other things like pre turbo air intake setup, Intercooler etc? Good to hear from ya Steve, hey I can dream right? :rolleyes:

Thank you all for thouroghly confusing me with your experienced & accurate info lol :)

I only get surge at part throttle. The turbo is already trying to go all in, but the throttle blade won't let it in.

The car doesn't buck, or anything but there's flutter.

TA49, tomka Cai, mease IC, & 3" hooker exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I only get surge at part throttle. The turbo is already trying to go all in, but the throttle blade won't let it in.

The car doesn't buck, or anything but there's flutter.

TA49, tomka Cai, & mease IC.

You're running meth also right ?

You're running meth also right ?

Yes. Worried about me being lean at part throttle? [emoji6]

I should rephrase a bit. The turbo is TRYING to go all in from a free flowing intake & exhaust, but it can't due to TB being barely open & will flutter/surge around 15-17 psi.