Stock GN wheels. What are they worth and should I keep them.

YouLikeThat

I'm considering selling my original wheels from my 35,000 mile 1987 GN.
Reasons to sell:
1) Pay for big brakes
2) they wont fit after I buy big brakes

Reasons to keep:
1)They are original to the car

Value? They look great but there is some light pitting. The caps look like new and the tires are older but have a lot of meat left.

Thanks!
Scott

Attachments

• Kids GN Wheels 054.jpg
    Kids GN Wheels 054.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 197
I watch them a lot on eBay and the boards. Sometimes I'll buy them to sell the cores to the guy who re chromes them. They all seem to have pits as the chrome on the rings wasn't the best for those years. I would just keep them and throw them in the deal if you ever sell the car. I would think 300 to 600 range as you can have any condition rim re chromed for about 200 a wheel. With this economy I would think they are going to be a hard sell. Your only going to get show guys after them or daily driver guys as they are too heavy for the race guys. So when you break it down a guy with a daily driver GN they are perfect for and then you break that down to how many people out there really daily drive their GN's. Just breaking it down for ya you asked :) Good luck whatever direction you go.

Both ways make sense

Say you hold on to them & also the old brakes. There maybe a day you sell the vehicle and the new owner wants to have the original parts..

I do see your way of looking at selling parts to subsidise new parts.

Ethier way it is a tough call.

I travel to KC all the time on business and could haul them home. If you figure out what you want let me know. I am not interested in the tires.

Ty

I bought my GN in 1996 and the car had welds no GN wheels. Several years ago I bought a set just because I wanted a set to have for the car. I had no intention on putting them on the car (have Boyd Coddington's now) I just wanted to have them. Well a few years ago I sold them cause I needed the $$. I regret selling them now.

I sold the original wheels from my car when I was younger and needed money for other parts. Really wish I would have kept them, ended up buying a nice set last year and paid twice what I sold mine for a few years ago.

I've tried to sell my set of 4 GN wheels for $200 with no takers or even interest. Still have two of them in the garage I don't need....