Stock GN vs SRT-4???

Re: inzanesrt4

Originally posted by 1of1035
You started off with a couple well written posts but then you went downhill. This is a TURBO BUICK board. Why should we have to listen to some srt-4 guy bashing us? If you don't like the attitude here then leave. Personally, I come to this board to read about TR's not mustangs or srt-4's or anything else. We love our cars like you love yours. But no one is going sit here and listen to you compare our cars to yours and not say anything. Our cars are a rare breed. Far as I'm concerned we are the turbo gods here. Hail to the Turbo Buick. The srt-4 will never be what a turbo buick is. If you want to preach the greatness of the srt-4 go to a srt-4 forum and do it.

WHAT HE SAID!

TurboBuicks: 4cyls have the ability to make torque. The 04 WRX STi (2.5 liter 4) has 300 ft/lb. That is 15lb/ft less than the 5.3 GM truck motor. Yesterday some fu*k in an SRT4 revved his motor next to me while stuck I was in traffic. Those things sound like shiiiit. Then I let him hear the buick. :eek:

Nick

i know they CAN make torque, its just that most ricers dont think its needed. i had a kid laugh at me b/c i think tq wins races. he makes a whopping 3801 hp and 304 tq. i wonder why he never goes to the track and always wants a roll "race". hahaha, btw, STI is the modded up version, i hope it makes a good bit of tq. i have no problem really with WRXs, just SRTs (sucky cars) and inzanesrt (ricer).

FYI

several months ago there was this guy around this area that had a brand new red Neon SRT-4 and had exhaust, boost controller running higher boost, air filter, etc....claims he was unbeatable even against LS1's and ran high 12's...my friend looked him up and told him that he had a GN that wanted to run him...he ran his mouth and said sure bring the GN on...next night i show up with my GN and he totally backed down from me...he had every excuse not to run...and he thought my dual nozzle lines from my alcohol tank were NOS lines...LOL:D

yeah stock for stock a GN and a SRT-4 neon would be a close race...but a neon won't be able to launch worth a damn because the GN owns EVERYONE from a dig...stock the GN falls flat on its face at around 80 mph or so so the Neon would catch up then...but still the first 60 feet and the beginning of a race is always the most important!

I am selling my 03 WRX and getting an STi. One of the main reasons is that the WRX makes 217 ft/lb and the STi has 300. It also has a MUCH better gear box. Before I bought the WRX, I was looking at the Acura RSX type S. It has a 9,000 rpm redline, 200 hp and like 115 ft/lbs. The torque is so looowe.

Nick

only a 6000 rpm is the torque at 300 same as horsepower. The STi loose 50 horse from the drivetrain also so torque is also down 50. about the same as a stock buick gn.

In this months HOT ROD magazine. The STi outran the SVT cobra, straight line, and in the twisties. STi has 80hp and 90ft/lbs less than SVT. STi looses 40hp, it makes 260whp, 14% drivetrain loss. WRX is between 160 and 170whp, 30% drivetrain loss. These cars also a way rev happy, the STi's tranny has a close ratio tranny, 3rd gear for 0-60 mph run. Another 4 banger that rocks is the turbo DSM 89-97 or 98 Mitsu Eclipse/ Eagle Talon. They have cheap prices for aftermarket with big power gains like the Buicks.

Nick

only thing about the sti is it looks like ****, and is made outta all plastic, plus i even think that the gas milage is worse than the cobra (not sure though) i have seen the interior and it just looks flat out cheap especially compared to the srt-4, but they are fast i will give zo6 that, and although i dont like them either the awd talons and eclipse are pretty fast to i will agree with i eat z06 on that.

For STi plastic/alluminum is lighter than steel (not shure of body panels). Every one has their opinions, I hated the 04 WRX's, but I have grown to like em. Some SRT info, for 2004 there is no more yellow, a wrx-a-like blue is available. SRT's ARE SWEET! If they have 2 doors (i.e. ram or viper).:D

Nick

I eat z06 , the yellow SRT is still available in "limited production"
Before my son bought his SRT the dealer had an 04 in yellow. I am not harping just a minor error that a found and thought that I would bring to your attention. :D

Ford V8 focus

This car was in the SEMA . They already have the aftermarket how to do the change. 5.0 v8 crate 345 horses. this would be good move for the Ford people . go check it out.

In this months HOT ROD magazine. The STi outran the SVT cobra, straight line, and in the twisties. STi has 80hp and 90ft/lbs less than SVT. STi looses 40hp, it makes 260whp, 14% drivetrain loss. WRX is between 160 and 170whp, 30% drivetrain loss. These cars also a way rev happy, the STi's tranny has a close ratio tranny, 3rd gear for 0-60 mph run. Another 4 banger that rocks is the turbo DSM 89-97 or 98 Mitsu Eclipse/ Eagle Talon. They have cheap prices for aftermarket with big power gains like the Buicks.

Anyone who thinks the STi actually outruns a Cobra, in a straight line, is misinformed. I think Hot Rod must've let a Subaru salesman drive the Cobra. A 2.25 60' from a 'professional' driver?! Hell, I ran a 2.0 60' (12.91 ET) my first time out, which was also my first time running a stick at the track.

I have found this thread rather informative, excluding the bickering and name-calling. There's a blue STi sitting at a local dealership, right now. Might just have to stop by and take it for a spin! :D

Originally posted by ViciousV6
Anyone who thinks the STi actually outruns a Cobra, in a straight line, is misinformed. I think Hot Rod must've let a Subaru salesman drive the Cobra. A 2.25 60' from a 'professional' driver?! Hell, I ran a 2.0 60' (12.91 ET) my first time out, which was also my first time running a stick at the track.

I have found this thread rather informative, excluding the bickering and name-calling. There's a blue STi sitting at a local dealership, right now. Might just have to stop by and take it for a spin! :D

He's being misleading. The 03 Cobra trapped like 5-8mph higher than the STi, and the STi only beat it in the 1/4 due to it's traction advantage.

Originally posted by SyHopeful
He's being misleading. The 03 Cobra trapped like 5-8mph higher than the STi, and the STi only beat it in the 1/4 due to it's traction advantage.

Ya, I read the article. To get that bad of a 60', the driver must not have been "double-clutchin' when he should" ;)