Stock floor mats

Can anyone verify if these are in fact the stock floor mats for an 86 T Type. I need to pick up a new set.

eBay Motors: 84-87 Grand National T-Type Gray Front Floormats NEW GM (item 300189040686 end time Jan-15-08 20:02:46 PST)

Thanks

Tom
These don't have the slots. Give Kirban an e-mail. I bought a new pair from him that were correct and not too pricey either. Those look cheap and generic. The ones from Kirban don't have the GM logo. I use his and put my originals away in storage.

Attachments

• DSC01178 (Medium) (Medium).JPG
    DSC01178 (Medium) (Medium).JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 248
Here's what those will look like in your car......

Attachments

• grey mats 001.jpg
    grey mats 001.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 264
  • grey mats 005.jpg
    grey mats 005.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 243
Thanks, I'll email Kirban and see if I can get a set. The ebay version doesn't look too bad though.

Thanks, I'll email Kirban and see if I can get a set. The ebay version doesn't look too bad though.

The e-bay ones will work too. I just like the way the Kirban mats are cut closer to the originals. It's a personal choice really.

From what I've read, heard, seen, the mats with the cut are the correct mat for our cars. Most low mile, untainted original cars I've ever seen has had this style of mat. Not to say the mats on eBay, or the ones in T Spools pics are not genuine GM mats though. These, I believe are the time era correct mats, just not a factory installed mat. These are the type that could be picked up in the Parts department at any major GM dealer.

Someone more knowledgeable than me can chime in hear, but I think mats were an option, and not standard equipment. (b32/b33) If someone got a car without mats, they could go and order the specific mat for the car, or buy the cheaper, one size fits most mats hanging up in the GM parts department.

GBody parts has some nice embroidered mats too. I picked up the ones for the GN. Very nice quality.

orginial floor mats

i bought my car new , the sticker says, front carpet savers w/inserts $25.00. then rear carpet savers/ w inserts $ 20.00, sticker numbers B34/B35 they do not have the cut , they are carpeted gm stright floor mats. fyi

i bought my car new , the sticker says, front carpet savers w/inserts $25.00. then rear carpet savers/ w inserts $ 20.00, sticker numbers B34/B35 they do not have the cut , they are carpeted gm stright floor mats. fyi

Man, wish I could have bought a Turbo Buick new! I was like 7 years old though in 1987. :biggrin: Anyway, perhaps there were different mats available? Are they like the ones that T Spool posted, and the ones that Tgl221 is looking at?

Floor mats were an option. My moms old 78 riv had 2 mats for every spot, both were gm. Maybe the original owners put 2 there to soak up all the water from snow gettin tracked in, who knows:confused: . Pretty sure you could get just plain rubber ones too. My ol 79 had black rubber ones with the buick logo in white with a trunk mat and carpet even, my 84 skylark beater had plain rubber gm mats with no carpet inserts. Allright, wheres eric to deliver the wisdom:wink:

Those mats are what the dealer gave me when I bought my car that didn't have mats with it, 1987 WE4.

No slits, small plastic GM emblem.

Two different floor mat options for our cars. Rubber and carpet. Here's the list of RPO codes.
B32 Front rubber mat
B33 Rear rubber mat
B34 Front carpet mat
B35 Rear carpet mat

The factory carpet mats have a wire molded in around the perimeter. Only the drivers mat has the slot. I've used all three styles. I didn't like the Kirbans mat. Cut to big for the footwell. The eBay mats are GM accessory. I'm running them now. They are very close in fit to the OEM mats. They would be perfect IMO if they were black instead of Graphite.You cant tell anyway. I also like the GM logo on them. They look OEM. No problems with them bunching up under the pedal.

original floor mats for sale

i have the original floor mats for sale, like new, i took them out in 1987, i have front and rear crapeted mats perfcet condition, e mail for picture. $250 shipped

Two different floor mat options for our cars. Rubber and carpet. Here's the list of RPO codes.
B32 Front rubber mat
B33 Rear rubber mat
B34 Front carpet mat
B35 Rear carpet mat

The factory carpet mats have a wire molded in around the perimeter. Only the drivers mat has the slot. I've used all three styles. I didn't like the Kirbans mat. Cut to big for the footwell. The eBay mats are GM accessory. I'm running them now. They are very close in fit to the OEM mats. They would be perfect IMO if they were black instead of Graphite.You cant tell anyway. I also like the GM logo on them. They look OEM. No problems with them bunching up under the pedal.

I have these mats in black if u are interested. They are brand new authentic GM- no slit. They are just like the gray/graphite ones in the second set of pics on this thread but in black.

Frank
maz18@verizon.net

I'd love to have a set of the originals but for the price I think I'm going to get a set of the ebay version for regular use. If I paid $250 for a set of floor mats I'd have to hang them on the wall as art!