stock appearing power

Shelbyguy

..how much power can i get out of my GN with keeping it 100% stock appearing? what would i need to change? the less parts the better...hopfully looking for high 12s

Probably, low elevens, depending on your budget. High twelves are no problem to achieve with a stock appearing car if motor and tranny are sound.

Probably more like mid elevens if you want 100% stock appearance under the hood AND keep the motor internally stock (to keep within your budget). With Ported heads, Low 11's should be easy.

What you need for Mid 11's:

A good ported elbow, gutted cat and free flowing exhaust.

A stock appearing Turbo like a TA49 (doesn't need a converter)

36# injectors (or bigger

275/60 Drag radials or 28" slicks, right side airbag, loosen front sway bar.

Port and or bellmouth the stock intercooler necks and Turbo inlet

A stealth engine tie down or poly driverside mount

a modified airbox (another shot ) :cool:

Race Gas, a race chip and 23-25 psi of boost.

This plus a car with a good fuel pump should at least touch the 11's and 115 mph.

With stock turbo/injectors it will go low 12's @ 110-112 or so.

To me, 100% stock appearing means just that, factory stock under the hood. This means stock air cleaner, no aluminum mass air pipes, no adjustable fuel pressure regulators (at least not the ones that scream, LOOK AT ME, I'M ADJUSTABLE, no bigger than a 2 1/2" downpipe, no polished inlet bell. Maybe, just maybe, a set of MagnaCore wires are OK.

So, exactly what is your defination of "stock appearing"?

11.20's to 11.50's should be doable but with ported heads and intake and maybe a cam. I'd use a TA-61 and some good hose from the turbo to the MAF, then modify the airbox a little.