Stock 86 T-type wheel/tire combos

Horsman

I have always had 235/60r15's on my stock wheels but having a challenge finding decent tires in that size. Considering putting a larger tire on the rear and smaller tires on the front. Since the 86 T-type sits a little lower than an 87 T due to different spring rates, I am hesitant to buy something larger. Does anyone have an 86 T-type with stock wheels that could post some pics of their car and their tire size please.

Thanks in advance.

After reading tons of threads, looks like the consensus is either 255/60r15 or 275/60r15 drag radials. If anyone is running these on their T rims, please post some pics.

I have always had 235/60r15's on my stock wheels but having a challenge finding decent tires in that size. Considering putting a larger tire on the rear and smaller tires on the front. Since the 86 T-type sits a little lower than an 87 T due to different spring rates, I am hesitant to buy something larger. Does anyone have an 86 T-type with stock wheels that could post some pics of their car and their tire size please.

Thanks in advance.
I just replaced my front springs and rears with cargo springs. The part numbers were the same for 86 and 87 where are you getting you information from? I have an 86 T Type.

My car with 255/60's on the rear.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 176
I just replaced my front springs and rears with cargo springs. The part numbers were the same for 86 and 87 where are you getting you information from? I have an 86 T Type.

I think I read that in one of Kirban's publications. I have owned both 86 and 87 model years and I can tell the difference.

MT DR's and stock size on the front. I'll snap a few pics tomorrow if i get a min. Went back and forth about getting new wheels but decided to keep the stock look. Will get them re done before the summer. Had 275's on my last car and they fit fine, no issues but looked tall so tried the 255's this time around. No issues so far....

MT DR's and stock size on the front. I'll snap a few pics tomorrow if i get a min. Went back and forth about getting new wheels but decided to keep the stock look. Will get them re done before the summer. Had 275's on my last car and they fit fine, no issues but looked tall so tried the 255's this time around. No issues so far....

Great! I appreciate the info, look forward to seeing the pics.

Didn't think there was much of a difference between 86 and 87. I have an 87 that has been lowered slightly with Eibach springs so it should give you an idea. 215/65 (stock size) front, 255/60 rear.
T wheels 1.jpg

T wheels 2.jpg