Stock 86-87 turbo specs?

Twin stockers will work great on an SBC. If your truly looking for a budget build you don't need heads or bore/stroke upgrades. Factory bore and stroke 350 with stock heads and a good turbo cam will make well over the goal. Keep the head ports and header diameter small and the boost up. I've got 2 stockers in great shape with WG and DP elbows if your interested. I put these aside for a 355 project rx-7 that fell through(sold before the tubos went on) Good luck!

We're both building big block mopars.

I don't need the heads but I already have them so they're getting used.

Is there a build thread for your rx7? I'm trying to talk my brother into building one.

turbos are to small for those motors IMO. Good luck though.

Here is a little of the build.

86 Mazda Rx-7... 3.8 turbo buick powered! (budget build) Lots of Pics...

Also built one with an SBC. It was VERY easy compared to the 3.8. Most fun I've ever had with a car. Had under 2500 dollars in it total, went 12.70's with 8:1 rebuilder pistons in it.

IMG_3510-1.jpg

IMG_3452.jpg

I had a feeling the turbos might be a little small but didn't think they'd be off the map like they are. The way I figured it was each turbo is feeding half of a 400ci motor. So if a stocker runs good on a 231 at 12# it should run good feeding 200ci.

It's not like this thing is a big cam high RPM screamer. It's gotta comp 270 (224@.050, .470 lift 110cl) and it might run to 6500RPM max.

I figure I'll start with stockers and bump up to TA-49s if I need more.

OK so for sh!ts and grins I worked up a 350HP 3.8 and used the stock GN turbo...it looked about the same,straight up the middle of the map,then abrupt right and off the map.

So I guess what this tells us is that a stocker isn't exactly right for running 11s in a turbo Buick but we all know it's possible...just about like running two stockers on a 400ci V8 and making 600hp.:cool:

I went ahead and put in a T61 and it was about perfect for the 231". Makes me feel good about the TA61 on my GN:D.

400 cubes isn't to bad I guess. I just don't think the turbo will be able to keep up at RPM. Esp with heads and cam. Boost will probably fall off at upper RPM. The exh. housing will have a ton of back pressure as well. Sourcing out some larger exh. housings would help alot. Then again... I'm pretty sure a good sized fart in the intake could make 600 HP with 400 cubic inches! Just made a hair over 500 NA at the wheels with a mild 472 BBM. :biggrin: Good luck sounds like a blast!

http://s817.photobucket.com/albums/zz98/Yort72/67 Dart/?action=view&current=1324759a.mp4

http://s817.photobucket.com/albums/zz98/Yort72/67 Dart/?action=view&current=d1b4b6ae.mp4