Still Cutting Out At High RPMs. What To Try Next?

Maybe while I have the rockers off I can go ahead and replace the valve springs? I will surely pressurize the intake and check for leaks
Neither of these things will cause it to pop or cut out.

At this point the only obvious issue could be a bad ignition module. Someone advised the thick runny blue gooey stuff is not good? I believe a bad ignition module could cause a miss or pop at WOT?

That "Goo" is the potting material used on the module, and YES it needs to be replaced ASAP.

Kevin.

the coil and module should be swapped as a pair imo, unless you have the capability of isolating one or the other

I just ordered an AC Delco D1996 ignition module. I wont drive the car until i swap it out. The new BWD coil should be okay.

klmnla said:
I just ordered an AC Delco D1996 ignition module. I wont drive the car until i swap it out. The new BWD coil should be okay.

There you go. All that popping isn't good on gaskets

Sent from my SCH-I100 using Turbo Buick

Well I put the new AD Delco ignition module on today, and the coil is a new BWD unit. It almost seems to run worse, however I noticed now that at WOT the airflow reading on the scanmaster is at 125, about half of what it should be. Could I have a bad MAF? I can tap on it while the car is running with no change. Its the 3.5 inch LT1 MAF hooked to a Translator Plus module.

Well I put the new AD Delco ignition module on today, and the coil is a new BWD unit. It almost seems to run worse, however I noticed now that at WOT the airflow reading on the scanmaster is at 125, about half of what it should be. Could I have a bad MAF? I can tap on it while the car is running with no change. Its the 3.5 inch LT1 MAF hooked to a Translator Plus module.
The 3.5" MAF is the LS1. Have you measured it?

Oh Yea, its 3.5 inches. So I quess its the LS1 then. I cant believe nothing is working, but at least I can see an obvious issue with the airflow.

Oh Yea, its 3.5 inches. So I quess its the LS1 then. I cant believe nothing is working, but at least I can see an obvious issue with the airflow.
You should be able to get one of those MAF sensors at a salvage yard pretty cheep. Tell them you want one for a 2000 Camaro with an LS1 motor. Is the base MAF knob set to zero?

Yes the Base MAF knob 1 is set at zero. I also need to make sure I have it positioned with the divider in the vertical position. I did tap on it with the motor running, with no change.

Okay, I replaced the MAF sensor. I ran it hard with several WOT runs and it never stalled or popped, until I turned the AC on. Could the AC be pulling down my 4 year old everstart battery? The Volts on the scan master show 13.6 , but I wonder if its voltage drop, as mechanically whats happening makes no sense.

Okay, I replaced the MAF sensor. I ran it hard with several WOT runs and it never stalled or popped, until I turned the AC on. Could the AC be pulling down my 4 year old everstart battery? The Volts on the scan master show 13.6 , but I wonder if its voltage drop, as mechanically whats happening makes no sense.

quote="QUIP'6', post: 3093670, member: 11340"]when the ac is on and you go wot the a/c shuts off. so either the new coil pack is still no good or it is weak[/quote]

I wonder if for some reason when you have the AC on and go WOT the compressor isn't shutting off like it should?Perhaps it could be a faulty switch.

Still fighting this losing battle. I never believed in just throwing parts at a problem, but every logical solution is failing. Next I am going to replace the 4 year old walmart battery with a new duralast gold 75DLG. I am then going to clean out the intercooler AGAIN, as some old oil is still getting into the intake, and there is no new oil coming out of the rebuilt turbo. If needed, I will then install some VS-380 stock replacement valve springs, and air test the intake while I have the valve covers off. Geez I hope after all this the darn thing will hit boost without cutting out.

Just to clarify , since you mention changing the valve springs am i correct to assume it's still cutting out all the time, or is it just doing it with the AC on? I'm still messing with this problem myself.