STI Took Me

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
Was cruising with my tremendous leaking valve cover gaskets and trying my hardest to keep it out of boost. STI is coming up 2007 ish. Nice car. He pulls next to me, oh well, I hit it about 1/2 throttle probably 10 lbs or so. He walked me pretty good. I pulled next to him again and this time I hit it about 3/4 throttle. Very Very close, but he was pulling slowly. I will give it to him, He won:frown: He was cool, complimented my car and had a nice straight car.

Was cruising with my tremendous leaking valve cover gaskets and trying my hardest to keep it out of boost. STI is coming up 2007 ish. Nice car. He pulls next to me, oh well, I hit it about 1/2 throttle probably 10 lbs or so. He walked me pretty good. I pulled next to him again and this time I hit it about 3/4 throttle. Very Very close, but he was pulling slowly. I will give it to him, He won:frown: He was cool, complimented my car and had a nice straight car.

That is like using wet gun powder. :eek:

tsk, tsk, tsk....what they said....:rolleyes:

But next time you see him he'll be all confident so you better make this up to us and give him the what for...what for...:mad:

;)

some of those cars are pretty quick and would smash a lot of TR owners from a dig or a roll. many of them in the 10's. they are not ur typical import and one hellova a DD especially with awd

Don't worry man it happends.. my friend beat me in his when my car was mostly stock.. you win some you lose some.... f*ck what people say about not going all in, its not like they are gonna pay for the fix..

There's no shame in losing... if you're going all out. If your car was in no shape to race, I would've just brushed him off by giving him the nod, or the thumbs up if it was me. Patch her up, and hunt him back down! :cool:

Don't worry man it happends.. my friend beat me in his when my car was mostly stock.. you win some you lose some.... f*ck what people say about not going all in, its not like they are gonna pay for the fix..

what kind of mostly stock car did your buddy have?

what kind of mostly stock car did your buddy have?

An STI. His only mod was a tune. My GN had a fresh Lou motor on 20 psi plus alky. The rest was old crap like the turbo, int, tranny with wrong converter. I couldn't even do a burn out!! We did it from a 40 mph roll I think and he pulled away... but now I have an 11 second street car so its all good in the hood.

Mean chicken exposed !

At least you didn't get taken out by some old man in a Porsche but manned up & admitted it.

I wasn't going to race at first, but he was flanking me for a while and well, temptation. I figure there is no harm (except a lot of leaking oil) in trying. Maybe I'll see him again when my gaskets are taken care of. My car is mostly stock anyway, so I really don't assume I will beat most fast cars nowadays.

GNBrett is right. Those Subarus and Evos are nothing to laugh at. They are pure rally cars with stout engines and handling too. Would not mind owning one as a DD.

talking about those awd monster's... here in miami there's a huge street race/car hangout by the broward/dade county line on okechobee rd.. i was into rx7's so i would go hunt for some civic's srt4's or mustangs, but there was this one red evo that would run in the high 8's low 9's at moroso.. he would drive that beast on the street corn fed smelled like popcorn and with all 4 hoosier drag radial's it meant business that thing would destroy modded busa's. it would look unreal from a dig like a rabbit or a frog hoping every gear it looked like a video game.. those things when theyre built dont f around

some of those cars are pretty quick and would smash a lot of TR owners from a dig or a roll. many of them in the 10's. they are not ur typical import and one hellova a DD especially with awd

Sure there are a lot of quick ones. You just very rarely encounter them. A lot of them get bitch slapped too though. Just like that one particular one with 500+whp that was recently pounded after the tuner talked so much crap. His ass was PWNED! You don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

Sure there are a lot of quick ones. You just very rarely encounter them. A lot of them get bitch slapped too though. Just like that one particular one with 500+whp that was recently pounded after the tuner talked so much crap. His ass was PWNED! You don't bring a knife to a gun fight.
yea tru. there sure arent many around but probably more then there are of TR's. there are 3 major subaru/evo shops here in southern ct alone.

those guys spend some money on there cars but I do doubt there are few that will keep up with ur blue car.

the majority are stock cause they are expensive to buy to begin with. u can buy a 10 second buick for $15k. not so much with a subara/evo but then again its a DD car with awd. cant really compare the two. but they seem to break as often as TR's I hear when u modify them.

there probably pretty reliable at low 11's but then so is a TR

I've seen alot more 1st gen Eclipes that are in the 11s than Subbies and Evos at NED. Most Subbies and Evos I see there run in the high 12 to high 13s. Some look pretty nice though. There seem to at least 4 or 5 of them any time I've gone so they do race them. A friend has a Subbie Legacy turbo wag. The engine got a rod knock. He's having a hard time finding an engine builder resonably priced. He found it just slightly more expensive to get a built short block direct from Subbie than rebuilding the bad block. Don't know if just the engine builders around here or if that's the way it is since that block is weird. When he's done he's looking for 350hp to the wheels. One thing, the crowd seems to be pretty young for them and they seem to spend stupid money (Dad's?) on them. There are lots of used stuff for them on their boards too.